Chapter 6: Becoming a Slayer

Começar do início

"That's good wouldn't want to be killing any vampires I live with." I said looking at Dante.

"Also there might be some side effects from the spell such as, stretch marks, sore muscles, fainting, and fatigue."

"Okay thanks."

We started walking and I felt a little light headed, next thing I know I'm in the car almost home.

"I fainted?" I asked knowing the answer.

"Yes you did." He said annoyed.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For taking me there, going in with me, catching me when I fainted."

"Oh that, I had a blast! It was so funny!" He said laughing.

"How were you with the blood part of it?" I asked seriously.

"Tempted, I've never tasted slayer blood before."

"We'll you're not going to!"

"If you have a say."

"I'm stronger now."

"But not as strong as me."

"Well we'll just have to wait and see."

"Yup."

Nicholas still wasn't home, I wonder when he would be back.

"Want to train?"

"You mean do I want a chance to beat you up? Hell yeah!"

"Please I will dominate you."

"Did you forget I had a brother who was a jerk. I learned how to take care of myself."

"We will see, I'll meet you outside in the front yard in 5 minutes."

"Okay." I nodded getting out of the car and running upstairs to change.

I quickly threw on my work out clothes and returned outside. It wasn't cold outside but it wasn't warm either. Dante came outside about a minute after me, wearing sweats and a t-shirt.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yup." I said holding up my stake.

He made the first move by running at me and tackled me. He pinned me down and put his legs on my arms so I couldn't escape.

"You're so tough huh? Get out of this."

I pushed and pushed but it was useless. Even as a slayer I am no match for Dante.

"Can't do it? Awe that sucks. It's nice to know I can still take you. Now..." He said looking at my exposed neck. "... about the slayer blood..."

"Dante, no!" I said starting to panic.

"C'mon just one taste."

"You're going to take it no matter what i say, aren't you?"

"Yup, so here's your chance for input."

I ran a scenario through my head about what would happen if I tried to stop Dante from tasting my blood. I thought about the first time Dante drank my blood, he almost drank me dry. What would make this any different? Would it be even worse? Slayer blood is irresistible to vampires. How will Dante stop himself? Maybe if I let him he will find a way to stop.

"Fine, but just a taste, don't kill me."

"If I kill you, who will I have to mess with?" He asked. "So Lipgloss, take a deep breath I'll be done momentarily."

Dante's fangs stuck into my neck and then came out just as fast as they came in. I got light headed, but this time I wasn't fainting.

"Dante, I am a little light headed." I informed him.

He got off of me and helped me up, but I couldn't stand. My legs were on fire and refused to work for me.

"Whoa." Dante said catching me."Let's get you inside."

He carried me inside and gently put me on the couch. I had never felt this weak and tired. I felt even more helpless than before I became a slayer.

"You okay?"

"Um.. I can't feel any muscle in my body and I am really tired all of the sudden. I think I am just going to take a nap." I was out the second my eyes closed.

I opened my eyes and saw Dante sitting in a chair and Nicholas yelling at him.

"All I asked you to do was take her to her appointment and bring her back. I wasn't aware that was such an impossible task!" Nicholas yelled angrily.

"We were just messing around, how do you know she didn't let me bite her?" he argued.

"Because I know her!"

I decided now was probably a good time to step in. Even though I would love to watch Dante get his butt kicked he didn't deserve it this time.

"Nicholas, Dante is telling you the truth I thought it would be easier and less painful if I just let him taste my blood, instead of taking it." I said still waking up.

He looked back at Dante, you could tell he thought something wasn't right.

"He took me to see the witch, we came back, he offered to help me train, and asked for a sip. I told him just a taste, then I got dizzy and couldn't stand. It is side effect from the spell. He got me inside and onto the couch and i fell asleep. That's all." I explained.

"Okay."

I guess I convinced him because he began to relax his shoulders before he walked over and sat next to me.

"How does it feel? Being a slayer?" He asked.

"Good, it does suck fainting, but it should go away before school. So where were you?"

"One of my old friends needed help dealing with a bad vampire. I went to go help her take care of it. So how was your appointment?"

"Well for starters Dante almost peed his pants from laughing so hard."

"Why?" He said looking back and forth between Dante and I.

"Because I gave her a nickname today, Lipgloss. Then the witch insisted she needed to have a nickname to keep her true identity a secret. Marie only having one nickname finally said Lipgloss."

They both were laughing hysterically. When all the laughing stopped I tried to get up. It was hard but I managed.

"So, how strong are you?" Nicholas asked.

" With the spell, still not as strong as Dante."

"And you never will be.' He added.

"Well let's go down stairs and see how much weight you can bench."

I've never really been in the basement. It looks like a training room. Bluse mats cover the floor. There' a punching bag hanging to my right, a weight lifting bench to my left and a dummy combat area in front of me equipped with stakes, knifes, long sticks, swords, and boxing gloves.

"Wow." I said in amazement as I was walking over to the weight lifting bench.

"Okay I'm going to put 100 pounds on the bar, okay?" Nicholas asked.

I nodded before laying down on the bench. I lifted the bar up and down. To my surprise it was easy.

"Impressive." Dante said wide eyed.

All of the sudden, my muscles felt like jelly and I began to drop the weight on my chest luckily Nicholas was there to catch it.

"Maybe we should wait to train until these side effects wear off."

"Yeah." I said agreeing with Nicholas.

I can't even begin to wrap my mind over the fact that I could bench 100 pounds! That's just the beginning, too. When I start really training I'll get even stronger.