"Oh, she's still a beauty," Charlie cooed.

"Thank you," Peter said gratefully.

"We've also cleared all your criminal records," Dey chimed, "However, I have to warn you against breaking laws in the future."

Rocket glanced up at Dey, a thoughtful look on his face. "What if I see something that I like, but it isn't mine and I take it?"

"That's called stealing," Dey stated.

"But what if I want it more than they do?" Rocket tried.

"It's still a crime. Stealing is a crime," Dey repeated.

He looked at Charlie, wondering if the raccoon was joking or not.

Charlie sighed, cutting Rocket's next question off by snatching Groot's pot from his hands.

"Follow me if you're under five foot," Charlie called, walking away.

Rocket was babbling questions that ended with the same answer: "It's a crime, Rocket."

Charlie pulled open the side hatch to the Milano and stepped through.

Cockpit was upstairs; Peter's area, the kitchen and their makeshift living room on the second floor; Charlie's bedroom only accessible through a ladder.

Nothing had changed, but at the same time, everything was different.

Charlie set Groot on the kitchen table and ran to her square in the floor, climbing down.

She had a bed, a desk, a closet. Clothes were neatly stacked in the closet, similar to her old attire. Replicas of her books sat on the desk, which she was happy about, but they weren't hers.

The shrine of Peter and herself wasn't on the wall anymore. No more twinkling lights shone above her bed.

Sighing, she collapsed onto her bed. She focused on the positives: they were able to get their ship back, even if it wasn't exactly the same.

"Listen baby.. Ain't no mountain high, ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough baby.."

Charlie shot up. She rushed up the ladder and followed Tammi Tarell's voice.

Finding the Guardians gathered around Peter's radio, she giggled.

Charlie grabbed a spoon from the kitchen to use as a microphone. She took a running start, using her slippery socks to glide through Drax and Rocket, into the middle of the circle.

"If you need me, call me, no matter where you are, no matter how far!" Charlie sang into her spoon.

Peter's eyes were previously watery from opening his mother's gift after twenty six years. As soon as Charlie slid in, he started grinning. There was nothing better to cheer him up than the love of his life.

Drax frowned in confusion at the singing girl; Rocket tried to keep the smile off his lips; Gamora was moving her hips lightly to the beat.

"Just call my name, I'll be there in a hurry, you don't have to worry," Charlie sang.

She pointed at the individual members, hoping the message would register in their brains.

Charlie considered these people her family. It was safe for her to say she would be there for them, always.

Peter got up and squeezed Charlie in a hug before she could sing anymore. He spun her out, their hands naturally interlocking.

"Wifey, rest of the team, follow me."

Peter led everyone up the stairs into the cockpit. He sat down in his old seat, Charlie next to him in hers.

As the other three chose their seats, Charlie readied the Milano to fly. She sat back in her chair when everything was situated.

Peter blew air out from his mouth, tapping his hands on the console. "Where do you guys wanna go?"

"Somewhere bad.. Somewhere good..." Charlie put out as a suggestion.

There was a silence followed by the question.

Charlie looked at her team. It was strange to say, but Charlie didn't want to break away from them. As reckless as they were.. they were something she couldn't walk away from.

"We'll follow your lead," Gamora said. She smiled, "Star-Lord."

Peter pulled down the shift, the Milano shifting into flight. He took a last glance at Charlie.

"A little bit of both, Charlie girl?" He asked.

Charlie smiled at his hopeful tone. She reached over and ruffled his hair, laughing merrily.

"A little bit of both."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: Xandar is behind her and the Galaxy is ahead! Charlie is engaged, traveling through space with life long friends.
Spoiler alert: Charlie will be back for Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

What did you guys think about that proposal? Favorite parts in the entire story? I wanna know your feedback!

I just want to thank everyone for the votes, amazing comments and just all around reads. You all made writing this story such a fun experience.

THIS IS PROBABLY NOT THE END.

I know I'm definitely going to write a few short parts of just aftermath (maybe the dancing Groot scene, breaking the engaged news to the team..) If you guys have other suggestions, I will try to write them.