The morning before

As always,

(y/n)= your name

(h/c)= hair color

(gf/n)= girl best friend's name

----------------------------------------------

You wake up to the awful sound of your "late for you plans" alarm, and scream at the top of your lungs. You grab your phone, jump put of bed, and run to your bathroom at mach 5 speed. You practically stab yourself in the throat with your toothbrush while you scroll through the 300 texts (gf/n) has sent you. You're gonna get your ass kicked when you see her.

"Late late late," you mumble as you pump a little too much face wash into your hand and begin to roughly wash the dried slobber from your very pleasant sleep off your face. When you dip your face into the sink, your paranoia gets the best of you. But cmon, who isn't afraid of being murdered while washing their face?

You smash your face on the faucet at the screaming at comes from your neighboring apartment. You don't exactly know who your neighbor is, you just moved into this apartment last week and you have no clue as to why he'd- at least you're semi sure it's a he- be screaming at 9 in the morning. It doesn't really bother you though, you spend a fair amount of time on YouTube and you're used to screaming. It did sound a bit familiar though..

You shake your head at the thought dismissively and brush through your hair, surely triggering some premature baldness. You look at your now red face and frizzy hair and sigh, grabbing a hair-tie to wrangle the hair into a bun. you grab the hand mirror from your wall and a tube of your favorite mascara and rush back into your bedroom to look for some clothes.

You check the time: 9:15.

You shriek a little bit and rush to pull on some jeans and a hoodie before you hear a knocking at your door.

"Shit-Biscuits and gravy," you groan and grab your sneakers, struggling to reach for your doorknob, the knocking startling you a little as it picks up again.

"Sorry I didn't get to the door faster.." you begin, locking eyes with the stranger before you.

He shakes his head.

"No worries, I just wanted to make sure you were okay, I heard lots of screaming. I'm Mark, by the way," He states.

You chuckle, stepping out of your door before locking it behind you.

"Hi Mark, I'm (y/n). I should ask you the same thing, with all the screaming coming from your apartment this morning," you say, a grin tugging at your lips.

He scratches the back of his neck as you walk to your car.

"I'm sorry, I was playing a game for my channel and... I didn't bother you, did I?" He asks, suddenly concerned.

You blush a little.

"No! No, of course you didn't! I was only joking.."

He sighs heavily.

"Thank God, I was worried about annoying you."

You shrug, reaching for your car door and opening it.

"Nah, don't sweat it. I'm really sorry, but I'm really - REALLY - late..."

He shakes his head.

"No, it's my fault for keeping you. See ya 'round, neighbor," he says as you step in your car.

You shoot him a smile.

"Bye, neighbor," you reply, closing the door.

You watch as he crosses the lawn in front of your house and heads into his own house, and you sigh.

"He was cute.."