Leon grabs my hand and quickly moves us behind something for cover. I instinctively hide in his arms when he wraps them around me. I flinch as there's a small explosion. My eyes widen when I hear the shriek of a licker.

     Leon hands me the notebook and pulls out his shotgun. "Go get the medallion. I'll take care of our little friend."

     I nod and run into the newly opened way. I open the notebook and look at the drawn statue. I look at the statue to see the symbols a little worn. I look at Leon who stands guard at the only entrance to me, gun ready for the long-tongued creature.

     I quickly match the symbols and get the medallion. I stick the medallion in the hip pouch Leon gave me. I flinch when Leon fires a shot and the licker shrieks. I run towards Leon who takes out the licker with another shot.

     We both run to the door to the library. We head down the stairs and out the door to the main hall. I pull the medallion out when we get to the goddess statue. I step back to stand by Leon as the pathway finishes opening.

     Leon and I share a smile before he steps down and pushes the door open. He shines his flashlight. "So it leads underground... huh." He nods. "That's it- That's our way out. Lieutenant Branagh! Marvin!"

     I walk over to the sleeping Marvin. I gently shake his leg, jumping back when he sits up growling. He looks around as if trying to remember where he is.

     "Hey Marvin... it's time to go." Leon kneels beside him. "We need to get you to a hospital right now."

     He turns away from us, holding his side in pain. "No, no... I... Save yourselves..."

     Leon glances at me before reaching for the injured man. "Come on. I've got y-"

     "GO!" Marvin raises his voice, staying turned away.

     Leon keeps looking at Marvin. "Look, we can still make it out of here together, if you just gimme-"

     I instinctively move between Leon and Marvin when he pulls a gun out, aimed at Leon. I hear Leon take a quick breath and mutter my name.

     Marvin gives me a soft look and lowers it. "It's too late." He closes his eyes, still breathing heavy. "I tried Leon... But I couldn't stop it.... We can't let this thing spread. It's on you two now. Just go..."

     I look back at Leon to see a conflicted expression on his face. He looks at me before nodding. He looks past me to Marvin. "I understand. Come Airam."

     I look at Leon before waving to Marvin. I give him a sad smile when he looks at me. Thank you.

     He nods with a small smile. "Take care miss."

     I turn away from Marvin and towards Leon. He guides me down with his hand on my lower back. I hear everything close behind us, but I can't find it in myself to try and get a last look at Marvin.

     "We won't let you down, Marvin."

     I wipe my eyes when I feel them water. I can't help but feel sad about Marvin. I may have barely knew him, but he felt like a friend. I turn to Leon when he sets a hand on my shoulder.