Of course, he was surely influenced by his uncle. But there has to be something else deeper than that alone.

He snickers his frustration and stands up, intent on walking away. "Walang kwenta."

I watch him walk away, heading to where Julian del Pilar, his brother, and Isidro are along with four others. I see Julian encircling an arm around him, ensuring that he is well as he looks at his bandaged head. Isidro, however, turns in my direction. I see the forlorn look on his face, a sad smile very visible despite the darkness and the fading light from the fireplace. I bite my lower lip and turn away, heading to where I last saw Soledad with the other members of the Cruz Roja.

My hands are shaking with unknown fear as I keep holding on the excess bandages and other herbs that had been earlier handed to me in order to clean the younger del Pilar's wound. And only when Soledad saw me, a warm smile out of her immediately turning to a worried one, make me wish to finally go home right now. Her and Isidro's presence are enough to make me realize that no matter how hard I try to let the truth that this is all a game sink in, I know that I'll never get used to this set-up.

I need to find a mango. Fast. Soon.

"Iha, ayos ka lang ba?" Soledad inquires, reaching to hold on to my arm. She looks incredibly worried, making me remember my own grandmother out of her. I am incredibly saddened all at once that I've been attached to her right away even though I've only known her in less than twenty-four hours, as well as with Isidro. Or perhaps, I am really worried that I am here for less than a day and too many things are happening.

I shake my head, just wishing to sit right now and be left alone.

Soledad takes the items from me and ushers me to sit by a long trunk of wood where the other ladies of the Cruz Roja are. The women had been oblivious of me, but when they see me, they just smile warmly, nod their heads in silent greeting, and continue on eating their shares of some rice soup. The strain had been visible on them, with the dirt and dry blood on their clothing, I know that it hadn't been an easy day for them as well. But compared to me, I am sure that they already know that this is the life that they are forced to live in.

Gaya nila Isidro at ni Julian at ni Goyo...

"Kumain ka muna, (Y/N)," Soledad tells me as she hands a cup of the same soup in my direction, pressing it against my hands to take. "Alam ko na nabigla ka sa mga pangyayari. Alam ko na hindi ka sanay at naninibago ka pa."

I chew the inside of my mouth. "Mukhang nasobrahan po ako sa paninibago."

She smiles sadly at me. "Hindi naman siguro naging mahirap na pilitin si iho na hayaang ikaw ang maglinis ng sugat niya, ano?"

It takes me a minute to realize who she is talking about. "Ah, ang Heneral del Pilar po ba?"

"Heneral?" She frowns at me.

Nyeta. Di pa nga pala heneral si Gregorio del Pilar sa panahon na ito.

"Ang ibig ko pong sabihin," I immediately correct myself. "Ang nakakabatang del Pilar po ba?"

Soledad nods, worried. "Kilala ko na ang batang iyon at ang kuya niya simula nung mga bata pa lamang sila. Maging ang mga kapatid pa nila. Ang gaganda ng mga ate nila, makisig ang kuya, at magiting din ang bunso kahit may pagkasakitin. Masasabi ko na nasa dugo na ng mga magkakapatid ang pakikihimagsik. Mababait naman ang mag-kuyang iyan."

I remember the cold treatment that Gregorio del Pilar had been throwing at me, compared to how friendly and easy-going his older brother, Julian del Pilar, is. And if my mission will involve a Gregorio del Pilar who shares the same character as Julian del Pilar, and how Soledad and Isidro consider him to be the kind person he surely is toward them, it will all be easy to handle. However, he had been different towards me. Is it because he knows who I really am?