12 | don't do me any favors

twelve
don't do me any favors.

SOMEHOW, VERONICA TALKS Josie into going to practice for the Variety Show with her

SOMEHOW, VERONICA TALKS Josie into going to practice for the Variety Show with her. But when they get to the student lounge, they find Archie singing with Valerie.

This won't go over well, Josie remarks in her head as her and Veronica walk over to them.

"Not to be that girl, Archie, but I didn't get the memo we were adding another voice to the mix," Veronica intervenes, clearly not happy with how this looks.

"Hey, guys," Archie says awkwardly as he sets his guitar down. "Great news! Valerie quit the Pussycats."

Josie gives Archie an are you serious look before she crosses her arms. "So, what does that mean for Veronica?"

"Yeah, does that make me backup?"

"No," Archie shakes his head, clearly not catching onto why Veronica is mad. "I mean, you were just doing it as a favor to me, right?"

"Stop acting clueless, Archie," Josie rolls her eyes at the redhead, putting her hands on her hips. "Not everything is about you. Ronnie obviously did this, because she wanted to."

"Thanks, Jo, but I've got this," Veronica declares, taking a step towards Archie. "You are unbelievable. You literally have zero loyalty, you ginger Judas!"

"Okay, Ronnie," Archie pauses, clearly confused. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong, Archie, besides the fact that you have no integrity whatsoever, is that your father kissed my mother," Veronica glares daggers at Archie.

Didn't see that coming, Josie thinks as Valeria clears her throat uncomfortably.

"Um... maybe I should leave."

"No, hold on," Archie shakes his head at her, but he turns his attention to Veronica. "When my dad told me how he felt, it seemed like they were both really into each other."

"They're married to other people."

"Hey, my mom and dad are separated and your dad is..." Archie trails off as Josie's eyes widen. She's learned that Veronica is very sensitive when it comes to her father, so she's done her best to avoid the subject.

"My dad is what?"

"Maybe we should just calm down," Josie suggests, trying to make sure this doesn't escalate. "I-"

"No, I wanna know what Archie's gonna say," Veronica snaps, cutting the witch off.

"He's incarcerated, right?" Archie deadpans, not knowing that he just said the completely wrong thing. He shouldn't of bought Veronica's father into this.

"That is so not the point, Archie!"

"Of course not," Archie nods, exchanging an uneasy glance with Josie. "I'm sorry. You're right. Do you wanna talk about it? We can go somewhere and talk. Or do you want your part back?"

He pales once he says this, realizing his mistake immediately. All three girl's heads snap towards his, and he shifts uncomfortably.

"Oh, don't do me any favors, Archie," Veronica huffs at him, wrapping her hand around Josie's wrist. "Let's go, Josie."

Archie calls after them, pleadingly, and Josie turns back to him, giving him an apologetic look, but she still goes out the door with Veronica.

But once they're in the hallway, a flyer catches Josie's eye. A flyer for the Pussycat's opening, actually. And Josie plucks it off of the wall, linking her arm with Veronica's. She then leads Veronica to the music room, and Veronica gives her an odd link.

"Jo, where are we going?"

"We're here, actually," Josie informs as they step into the music room, heading straight to where Josie McCoy and Melody sit, going over some lyrics. "McCoy, Melody, you've just found your newest Pussycats."

"There's always a place in the Pussycats for my favorite River Vixen," Josie McCoy smirks, before looking at Veronica. "Can she sing?"

"Yep."

"Wait," the Lodge girl stares at Josie in surprise. "You can sing?"

"Like an angel."

UNEDITED