Chapter 19: Puzzles and Pieces

Start from the beginning

"I thought I told you to leave." Carlos growled. His father sighed. "Please just let me explain. Your mother has stretched the truth and spun it into a web of lies. I've had to wait 15 years for this moment, all I'm asking is for a chance." He touched the tip of the sword to his father's chest. "Seventeen. Seventeen years. You were never a part of my life. Why should I give you a chance when you never gave me one?"

Silence filled the room as he bowed his head. "You're right, I don't deserve it. I've been a terrible father and I can't take back the years I've missed. For that, I'm truly sorry Carlos. However," his father whispered as he pulled out his phone, "If you won't listen to me, maybe you'll listen to her." He held up his phone to reveal video of an 8 year old girl with jet black hair and blue eyes. Carlos stared in confusion as his father hit play and the girl began to speak.

Hi Carlos! My name is Carla. Daddy says he's going to meet you today and I'm so excited I have a big brother! Maybe if you come to visit we can get ice cream and play tag! The pirate boy says you have a talking dog. I always wanted a puppy. Maybe I can play with him!? I can't wait to meet you Carlos! I love you!

Carlos stared at the screen in shock as he dropped his sword. "I have a little sister?" He whispered. His father nodded. "You do. Carla is my daughter with my wife, Camille." Carlos set down on nearby block. "You started a new family. I had to live in Mom's closet and do her chores while you started a life!? How could you leave me there!?" He asked, tears running down his cheeks.

His father sat down beside him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "Carlos, I was sent to the Isle for hacking into the castle security system. I was so angry with myself, I decided to drink my sorrows away. That night, I met your mother. I was drunk and she seduced me. When I woke up the next morning I couldn't believe what I have done. A few months later, we ran into each other and Cruella told me she was pregnant. That was when I went into hiding."

"So I was just a mistake? No wonder you didn't want me." Carlos muttered. He shook his head. "I was shocked, but when your mother went into labor I rushed to the mansion. By the time I arrived, you'd been born. I tried to see you but Horace and Jasper kept me out. They said I was forbidden to see you, Cruella's orders. I watched you from afar as often as I could until they took us from the Isle. Carlos, I love you. I never abandoned you, I was forced to stay away."

Carlos was silent as he processed the information. "You love me?" He whispered. His father smiled. "I do son, I always have." Carlos gave a teary-eyed smile as he hugged his father. "I missed you Dad. I've always wanted to meet you." His smile grew as they continue to hug. "And I always wanted to meet you. Son, can we start over?" Carlos nodded. "Yeah, I'd like that."

"Well then Carlos, my name is John Lefebvre and I'm your father." He chuckled. "And I'm Carlos, your son."

Author's Notes

Oh my goodness guys it feels like it's been forever since I last published. There's only one more chapter to go before the epilogue and this story will be complete! But no worries, a sequel will be coming!

Also..... DO YOU SEE THIS!!??

3k+ reads! OMG guys thank you so much! I never thought I'd have this many reads ever! Big shout outside to

roza-dimika
SavannahLongaker
Anonymousnette
zebrapuppy101
SpiralingPages
JufiJauregui

For voting on my stories and being loyal readers and/or commenters! I know there are lots more of you who have voted and I thank you as well! (I just couldn't go back in my feed far enough to find who else voted) Thanks again to all of you! More will be coming soon!

                   -Meloetta246 😊