Roger knew that Freddie was the right person to ask for help with this.

Before they'd left, he'd asked the hotel's information desk for the closest shopping centres and they'd hopped into a taxi and were on their way.

"Where are you going to propose?" Freddie asked as they sat in traffic and Roger laughed.

"Blimey, Fred. Wait till I've got the ring, yeah?"

"You know where you should do it?" Freddie continued as if he'd never spoke and knowing that it was pointless to argue, Roger rest his head back against the seat and got comfortable.

"Where?"

"The Empire State Building," he gushed, "Oh, darling, it'd be perfect."

"The Empire State Building?" Roger repeated.

"Yes! Please tell me you know what I'm talking about, Roger."

"I'm not an idiot. Of course I know what you're talking about."

"Good. And lucky for you, we're heading back there tomorrow!"

"To the building?"

"To New York," Freddie said tiredly.

"Oh yeah,"

Freddie puts his sunglasses on as the car starts moving again, "And Rebecca is always saying how gutted she was that she didn't get to go up there when we first arrived, doesn't she?"

"She does," Roger agrees, "But Fred, that's tomorrow we go to New York. Isn't that a bit quick? I mean, we might not even find a ring today."

"Oh Rog," he laughed, "You do underestimate me, don't you? We won't be leaving that shopping centre until we find you the perfect ring for her. And that's a promise."

||-||

Rebecca was packing up their stuff when he finally returned to their hotel room - three hours later.

"There you are!" she said, rushing toward him to wrap her arms around him, "I was getting ready to send out a search party for you. Where have you been?"

"Fred dragged me shopping," he said easily, giving her a kiss, "You know how he is."

"You didn't buy anything?" she asked, "That's unusual."

Only he did buy something. And that something was a ring which was in a box, in one of Freddie's bags.

He just had to think of the perfect time to propose.

Clearing his throat, he stepped towards the suitcases on the bed, "Anything you need help with?"

"Nope," she smiled, "I done your case first because I know you're awful at packing."

"'M not that bad," he mumbled as she laughed, "You looking forward to going back to New York?"

"I am," she grinned, looking over her shoulder at him, "I just hope I get to see more of it this time."

"We're there for a week," he tells her and her eyes light up, "So you'll have plenty of time to do some sightseeing."

"We'll need to buy more film for your camera."

"Noted."

For dinner that night, Roger decides to take Rebecca out for a nice meal rather than just going down to the restaurant downstairs.

"Are you sure we'll get in somewhere without reservations?" she asked as he closed the door behind him, "I mean, this is quite a classy area."

"We'll be fine," he shrugged, pocketing the key, "And if we don't, there's always McDonald's."

She rolled her eyes and took his outstretched hand as they ambled down the corridor but stopped when they heard Brian shout their names.

They looked back to see him standing at his door and Roger sighed, "What?"

"John and Hannah are gone."

"What?" Roger repeated and they started heading toward him and Rebecca could see that he was holding a note.

"Yeah, listen to thi-"

"What is going on out here?" Freddie demanded, throwing his door, which was was across from Brian, open.

"John and Hannah are gone." Rebecca murmured, "They left a note. And we're just about to find out where they've gone."

"Well don't just stand there," he instructs, "Read it!"

Brian glares at him before unfolding it, "Gone to Vegas to get married. Will meet you in New York. Love John and Hannah."

"What?" Freddie demanded, ripping the letter from his hands to read it himself, "Those wankers."

"Freddie!" Rebecca yelled, also taking the letter to read it and a smile crossed her face, "It's romantic!"

"I'm not saying it isn't, Rebecca but they could have at least invited us," Freddie huffed, "I love a wedding."

Roger smiles when Rebecca looks up at him but really, he's thinking, how the fuck can he propose now?