Chapter 30: Night Out

Comincia dall'inizio

"Ron!?" I yelled back, and quickly heard the heavy footsteps running toward me, followed by a growl. My legs took over and I started running. "RON!"

I could hear him calling out, but it sounded so distant. I didn't look back and continued running through the forest. I knew I couldn't run forever so I stopped behind a tree. Everything I did tonight I regretted. I wish I would've told Ron how I felt, I wish I would've told my parents how much I loved them and told Draco how much I cared about him. For some reason I was certain, that this would be my end, but Ron calling my name gave me hope again.

"RON!" I yelled starting to run again. I ran back to where I thought I was.

"LAUREN!" I stopped surprised at how close I heard him. I looked around quickly, and saw the green slime. I touched the slime and fell through again on the floor, panting and I closed my eyes in relief.

"LAUREN!" I could hear him running to me, but didn't bother to open my eyes, until I felt him lift me. He held me against his chest and held me tightly.

"Why are you so stupid?" He whispered quietly. Even though he called me stupid I couldn't help but feel comfort. But all I wanted right now, was to be home.
"Are you alright?" He questioned, running his hand down my hair. I felt weak, and even though I didn't want to show it, I knew I couldn't hide it.

"No." I whispered back, and fell deeper into his arms.

"We're leaving Lauren. I don't care if you want to or not." He got up with me, not letting go. I held onto him.

"I want to go home. I don't want to be here anymore." I was over exaggerating, but I felt violated here. I wasn't comfortable, being anywhere near here.

"Alright. We'll head back to my common room a-and
w-we can floo back to your house." I nodded and walked with him.

"I'm fine. Just a little flustered." He let go of me and grabbed my arms in front of him.

"Will you stop it?" He said kind of loud. "Every time something's happened to you, you act as if nothing happened. Stop acting like everything's alright when it's not." He let go of my arms and brought me back to his embrace.

"I don't want to seem weak." I explained as we walked.

"Out of all the girls I've met, I think you're the boldest. I'm not just saying it. Stop trying to prove yourself." He whispered.

I smiled a little, but wasn't sure how to respond. After a bit of silence he broke it. "Have you really grown tired of me?" I didn't think Fred or George would've told him that, but I should've known better.

"No, I'm not tired of you. You just annoyed me more than usual today."

"I... I didn't mean what I said. But I couldn't just not defend Lav-

"Please don't bring her up. I can still hear her voice." He chuckled and looked down at me.

"I guess, she is, a bit annoying."

"Oh Ronald, not only are you oblivious, but you've become death as well."

We made it back to Hagrid's hut. Ron disappeared behind a door and arrived with a blanket and wrapped it around me.

"I found some floo powder. We can use his fireplace to floo to your home." I nodded and did as he instructed.

We walked out of my fireplace and I felt weight being lifted off my shoulders.
"This is your house?" Ron whispered, looking around in amazement.

"Yes. I don't think my parents are home though. I think they've gone on a trip." I made my way to the kitchen and he followed looking up and down.