the bell rung and the three stood up. "I'll see you and bill in 4th hour." Richie waved to bev and went to his first hour.

he sat in the back and watched as the teacher walked around, collecting the homework. she then stopped at richie who had his arms crossed and was slouched.

"Did you even do it?" she asked. "No, do I ever?" he asked. "Of course not. the past 3 years I haven't gotten any homework from you. why try?" she groaned and let him be.

richie had good grades, amazing grades actually. but he never turned in homework, sometimes class work. it was rare.

She started teaching English and talked about different ways they could start their essay on monday.

richie didn't pay attention. Stan had this class after him so he'd just ask what he had to do and do it later. no biggie.

When class ended, and he was done with his other 2, he went to lunch and stole some food from his friends, promising to pay them back but they all knew he wouldn't. not that they cared. they all loved richie, if they weren't friends, they'd totally date him. but.. they loved him in a different way since they knew him personally.

"Ready to talk to him?" Mike smirked. "Talk t-to who?" bill asked. "I'm doing an online dating thing and they're freaking out cause I already talked to someone." Richie huffed.

"Well that's good that you met someone. but what if they're a creep?"  Stan asked seriously. "Well, his bio says he's 17 and he lives in Derry. so we'll see how it goes." Richie shrugged.

"I wish you the best." Ben smiled. "We all do."

"You're already dating someone?" someone asked and the losers all turned to see Kieran.

he told there, his short curly brown hair messy, his green eyes were red like he hadn't slept, his lips were chapped and he wore loose clothing.

his hands clutched to his book bag and he looked tired.

richie thought for a moment, then decided to just lie. "Yes. Why would it matter to you anyway?" he asked.

Kieran looked around like he was nervous and licked his lips. "Richie, can we talk.. privately?" he asked.

"They're my friends. whatever you have to say, they can hear." Richie shook his head.

"Okay..." Kieran said and shifted to stand more on his other leg. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything I said and the time I cheated on you was because I was high. Im really, really sorry."

"Are you serious? you treated me like shit, Kieran. You want me to believe that!?" richie scoffed.

"Richie, let him go. ignore him." Ben said and bill made him turn back around.

Kieran just walked over to the front of the table and got down to eye level with richie.

"come on rich. I'm sorry. Really, I am. let me prove it to you! Give me another chance. you can't be dating someone already.." Kieran pleaded.

Kieran could tell richie was still single, just by the look in his eye. richie wanted to believe him, but he's been used before and it was hard to trust people.

The only thing Kieran did was cheat and leave him, so he wasn't that bad. Maybe.. richie should give him a chance.

"Kieran.. just.. I'll text you later." Richie said, not looking at him. Kieran nodded slowly, and walked away with his head low.

"Are you sure rich?" mike asked. "I.. don't know. we're not gonna talk." Richie shrugged.

when he got home later, he went on his laptop and smiled when he saw Eddie had just replied 5 minutes ago.

Eddie: you're the only one that has actually replied! Sorry I just got home from school :))

Richie: no problemo, me too :) so you're from Derry? me too!

Richie waited for a response and sat up straighter when he say Eddie was typing.

Eddie: wow that's actually pretty cool. Derry is a small town, surprised I haven't seen you around.

Richie: do you go to Derry high?

Eddie: no, I go to Maine high which is only 5 minutes away from there.

Richie smiled, but he didn't know how else to keep the conversation going. so, it took awhile for him to reply.

Richie: so, uhm.. let's get to know each other before anything further?

eddie: that'd be great actually. Usually people just want to get to everything serious.

eddie: well, I'm 16, 5'3, I love the color green, and.. I'm asocial ig

Richie: well, I'm 17, 5'7, I like black, I'm a lovable guy, uhm.. I have my handful of friends.. and... I hate my life atm

richie sent it, then regretted it. What if Eddie thought he was crazy and weird.

Eddie: you sound really cool! If it's not personal.. why do you hate ur life?

Richie: parents are always on business trips so when I need them, they aren't here. Everyone uses me, or since I have a big heart.. they use it against me.

Eddie: I'm sorry richie. Well, at least you have your friends. and.. hopefully me¿

Richie smiled brightly. Eddie was really sweet. He hoped this could last.

Richie: yes please. don't leave me, and I won't leave you :) I gotta go.. talk later

eddie: okay bye

Richie closed his laptop and stared at the text message from Kieran on his phone. God, he hoped his night wouldn't be ruined already.

~~~
Kieran is pronounced Keer- an
👌🏼