Five minutes later Drake pulled the car to a stop in one of the last available parking spots. Alice turned around to look at me with pleading eyes.

“Okay, we drove you here. Would you be too mad if I asked you to give us some alone time?” She asked sheepishly.

That was part of the deal. I would be fine with it as long as I didn’t think too much about what was going to be going on in the car once I left…

“Of course. I’ll catch a ride with Noah afterwards so you don’t have to worry about me,” I said, beginning to open the door.

“And Amber,” Alice said, looking serious for once. Her expression said she was going to say something important.

“Don’t do anything you aren’t ready to do,” She said and then smirked dirtily. “And don’t forget to use a condom.”

I rolled my eyes. “Thanks, Alice. I’ll be sure he covers his tool before sticking it in,” I said. She laughed.

“Go mate your boyfriend you dirty-minded child,” She said, waving me off. I smiled as I shut the door behind me. I heard locks on the door click, giving me the notion that they didn’t want to be interrupted. I tried not to think about it too much.

I followed a small crowd of people towards the school. There were plenty of Fairies and vampires but I was glad to see that my costume was completely original. But every single girl showed nearly twice as much skin as me. This costume was supposed to make Noah gawk at me. How was I going to do that when every other female looked twice as desirable?

I felt my cheeks go red as I was suddenly embarrassed. What was I thinking? This was never going to work.

I turned back to Drake’s car but froze but I saw that it was rocking slightly back and forth. I wrinkled my nose and spun back around quickly. Even though the tinted windows hid them from view, it didn’t take a genius to know what was going on inside.

I debated walking back home. But it was already dark outside and walking home alone like this was bound to cause trouble.

I decided to wait outside until the dance was over but I was caught in the crowd and they forced me inside.

I stepped through the smoke created by dry ice and into the crowded gymnasium.  Draped across the basketball hoop was a banner that read, Come in if you Dare in bold red letters. The whole setting was covered with fake cob webs and red paint that I guessed what supposed to be blood.

As I predicted, almost every single girl was better dressed and far less modest. I could already pick out Lexi grinding with a zombie. Her costume literally covered the bare minimum and it was clear on her partner’s face that he enjoyed it.

I forced myself to look away and spotted the refreshments table. And beside it, what I saw made me gasp.

Noah looked absolutely amazing. He was dressed in all black, making him stand out from the rainbows of color all around him. His shirt clung to his well-defined body like another set of skin. He had a masquerade looking mask covering most of his face, but it left his mouth open.

He twisted around, as if he was looking for something and I couldn’t see his face anymore. I took a deep breath and forced my feet to move towards him.

It took me a while to maneuver through the dancing crowd, but when I finally reached him, his back was still turned.

I tapped him twice on the shoulder and he jumped and spun around like I had just shocked him. Once he saw me he froze. His eyes raked over every inch of my body hungrily and I blushed. Once he finally reached my face again, his mouth gaped open and he continued to stare.