Chapter One: The First Day

-September 4th, 2018-

Hi, my name is Jenna, and this is my story. I was so excited for the first year of high school. New year new me. Except, not everything was new. I had kept this huge secret from everyone, but three people. Of course, my parents knew and so did my best friend Peter. I have Congenital Heart Disease(CHD). I am fourteen-years-old, but the doctor said I wouldn't make it past eight months. So I think I'm pretty lucky. I've had three heart transplants throughout my life, but my heart kept going bad. My parents have always tried to cheer me up because the doctors say happiness can help. I don't believe it, but I try to.

It was so hard to find my class with the halls crowded. By lunchtime, I knew where the rest of my classes were. Now I just have to find the cafeteria I thought. When I finally found the cafeteria, I rushed to the line. As I paid for my food and started to walk to a table, I felt my food mush up against my face. "Oops," she said sarcastically. "I didn't mean it" she continued. She just walked away laughing. Here I was, left with a mess that I didn't make. I was actually embarrassed. Everyone watched as I just stood there. What did I do to deserve this? I thought.

The Next Day. . . . . .

I was walking down the hallway and I saw him. It was the boy of my dreams. His name was Kevin and he had just moved into the house next door and I was SUPER excited. As I stood at my locker, he walked by and gave me a smile. I could literally feel my heart melt. Then I heard 'her' voice. Her name is Jessica. We used to be best friends but the universe had other plans for us. Last year we split up because she chose popularity over our friendship. So now every time we cross paths, she taunts me. Peter says it's not fair how she treats me and that I should fight back. I choose not to.