XXVIII. POWER OVER ME

Start from the beginning

"I need some clothes," she spoke with a teasing tone as she felt Klaus' hot gaze on her, causing a small smirk of victory to appear on her face, knowing that she had just as much of an effect on him as he did her. Klaus coughed as he came to his senses, "clothes, right," he muttered as he dressed himself quickly before exiting the room, muttering in annoyance as he did so causing the brunette to laugh. Klaus-0, Thea-1.

✧✦✧✦✧

A little while later, Klaus and Thea were sat in the Mikaelson living room, the former painting as the latter teased Kol about his run in with Damon Salvatore. "It's just hard to believe that, you, 'the wildest Mikaelson', ruthless and daring got your neck snapped by a vampire, who, let's face it, is much weaker than you," Thea taunted from her place besides Kol, bursting into laughter at the sight of his annoyed scowl.

Before the original had the chance to retort however, the front door slammed open, alerting everyone to Rebekah's return. "Well, well, well. There's our girl," Kol taunted as he got up from his seat, blocking the blonde vampire's bath causing her to scowl, "get out of my way, Kol," Rebekah hissed causing Thea to smirk in amusement.

Kol laughed at his younger sister as he refused to move out of her way, "out all night. What a scandal," he mocked before looking at Thea and Klaus, "it seems Nik wasn't the only one in the family to get lucky last night. I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?" Thea's eyes narrowed at the brunette Mikaelson, "if you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," she promised threateningly, causing Klaus to grin from behind his painting.

"Don't start, Nik!" Rebekah warned as she caught his teasing grin, "I didn't say anything," Klaus retorted as he held his hands up in mock surrender causing both Rebekah and Thea to narrow their eyes at him. "I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment," Kol whined as he looked towards Klaus, "what are you waiting for? Go on, have at it," the elder Mikaelson stated boredly as he continued to paint.

Kol huffed in annoyance at his brothers' lack of interest causing Thea to laugh quietly. The vampire was over a thousand years old and still acted like a child. "It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart," the Mikaelson manipulated with a small smirk causing Rebekah to roll her eyes as Thea laughed once again. Definitely still a child.

Klaus smiled at his soulmate before looking towards his younger brother with a light expression, "okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date." Kol smirked at his brother in reply, "if I remember correctly, I think you were rather occupied with something, or should I say someone, else last night," he taunted causing Thea's cheeks to flush pink as the hybrid only laughed in response. Sensing her friend's embarrassment, Rebekah narrowed her eyes at her brothers, pushing Kol in the direction of the door, "yes, please go. This house has enough men rolling around in it."

Kol smirked at his younger sister as he stopped at the door, Klaus by his side, "just like you, Bekah," he mocked, rushing out of the door as the blonde vampire threw her shoe at him. "You coming, little wolf?" Klaus asked his soulmate with a smile from his place in the doorway, causing the brunette to shake her head in response, "no, I think I'm just gonna chill here with Bek's for a bit before I go home." The hybrid smiled at her warmly causing her heart to flutter, "be careful. She might be riddled with diseases," Klaus joked causing Rebekah to groan in annoyance once again as she threw her other shoe at his head. "Good riddance, both of you!" the blonde snapped causing Thea to laugh in amusement as Klaus left.

"Rebekah," Elijah spoke as he entered the room from behind them, causing the blonde to sigh in frustration, "not you too, Elijah," she muttered as she rubbed her hands over her face. Thea watched the two siblings in amusement, only frowning once she noticed the concerned look etched upon the elder Mikaelson's face, "I'm worried about mother. Have you noticed her strange behaviour?"