~Chapter 18~ Even If I Die, It's You

Start from the beginning

"Did you bring the King's head?" Yeong Sil Gong asks him. "I'm positive I told you to do so. Let's talk about other things afterward." Saying as he leaves hal-abeoji in shock. "The riding block." He tells his assistant.

"What are you doing instead of bringing it over quickly?" He asks one of the servants.

hal-abeoji walks in front of the horse and gets on his hands and knees, making my eyes widen.

"Please step on me." He says then Yeong Sil Gong has no hesitance in doing so.

He gets up on his horse and rides away then I walk over to hal-abeoji and pull him up.

"Did you hear? The king's head." hal-abeoji asks me then he looks at me. "You'll have to do it." He tells me then I look down at him. "The King who's in the Hwarang. Bring that guy's head." He demands then I turn to him.

"hal-abeoji, there's an issue to that." I tell him then he raises an eyebrow at me. "The King is Ahn Jae-Eun, Han Sung's friend." I add then he grabs my arm.

"It doesn't matter." He says as I glance down at my arm. "You will kill her, even if it means Han Sung dies."

~~~~Jae-Eun's POV~~~~

"Oh, Jae-Eun, did you find her?" Ji Dwi asks me then I cross my arms as I shake my head.

"Yes." I answer, quietly. "Your mother is making her a Won Hwa." I add then he looks at me in shock.

"Jae-" he starts off then I look at him with tears in my eyes.

"I hope you and your stupid mother are happy..." I tell him as I turn and leave the room.

I place my head in my hands as I rub my eyes then sigh deeply. I hear footsteps run upon me then someone sit down, making me ignore them.

"Here you were!" Han Sung exclaims, making me jump in surprise and look at him.

He smiles at me brightly as he chews on his lip then faces forward, taking a deep breath and becoming very serious.

"There's no such thing as the first path in the world. Someone has to be the first to walk on it for it to become a path. One must thump on firm soil, break it, and dig a hole through it so that a waterway also forms." He recites happily then he looks at me, making me smile at him.

"You always have these wise moments and it's so cute." I compliment as I pinch his cheek then he giggles. "Also, what do you want?" I ask him.

He blows on the end of his pen then starts writing letters in the air as I watch him.

"I'm writing a letter to my grandfather. This time, I'm really going to tell him everything in my heart. I'm going to make sure he no longer bothers my older brother because of me." He reveals then he looks at me with worry as he grabs my hand. "Be being like this, so I mean defying my grandfather, is my first time." He tells me then I nod.

"Of course all your first times are with me." I comment then he slightly blushes. "But why are you doing this?" I ask him.

"I was thinking about what you said to me when I was training with Dan Se and got angry, that you had to calm me down." He answers then he cocks his head to the side. "Do you think a scaredy cat like me can also be like you? Can I also make something like a path?" He asks me and I slightly blush.

He then faces forward with a slight frown on his face and I stare at his beautiful, perfectly sculpted features. I then grab both of his hands and hold them in mine as I rest my head on his shoulder and look up at him as he looks down at me.