~Chapter 17~ The World Spins

Start from the beginning

"What?" I ask then Han Sung turns to me, acting like his old self.

"Because an assassin came in the other night, the atmosphere totally feels like you're being acknowledged as the King." Han Sung explains then Yeo-Wool smacks his arm.

"Don't pay attention to him." Yeo-Wool tells me.

"Are you...okay?" Soo Ho asks me then I take a bite of rice.

"You guys are all acting weird today." I comment then Soo Ho sighs.

"I know." He agrees then Han Sung places steak on my rice.

"Eat this. It's delicious." He tells me with his dopey smile, making me smile back at him and eating it.

"Since we're talking about it, are you really His Majesty?" Yeo-Wool asks me and I look up at him. "I mean, well, you can give us a slight hint." He requests then I shrug.

"I don't feel like it." I answer then Soo Ho kicks Yeo-Wool.

"Jae-Eunie," Han Sung calls out as he wraps himself around my arm, "let's go out and train." He tells me and I nod.

"Okay." I agree then we get up.

We leave the lunch room then he immediately grabs my hand and holds it, making me roll my eyes a little bit.

~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Jae-Eun." Yeo-Wool calls out to me then I look back at him. "Poong Wol Joo is looking for you." He tells me then he looks at Ji Dwi. "Ji Dwi, you too." He adds.

Ji Dwi and I look at each other then we get up and walk to Wi Hwa's office, where he was eating rice cakes.

"The reason why I called you two is to give you a problem to solve." He reveals to us then looks pass me to the door. "Come in." He says then the door opens.

Ah Ro walks in then Ji Dwi and I look back at her as she walks pass me next to Wi Hwa then sets down a star anise.

"Here is someone who manages the work of many by herself. She's a doctor at Seonmoon, but outside of it she does a variety of work. Well, you know her well without any introductions. Anyway, she found out an interesting fact." He explains then we look at her.

"In truth, we're out of medicine to treat the plague in the capital and all of Silla." Ah Ro reveals then I look down at her. "Right now in the Cheonin village, the plague is spreading and the Cheonin are dying with us not being able to do anything. By coincidence, I came to know of where this medicine is. That is...in Gakgan Yeon Sil Gong's storage room." Ah Ro explains then I nod to myself.

"I had a feeling he had something to do with this." I mutter under my breath.

"In that storage room, there's more than enough medicine to treat the plague in Silla. Even though it's rotting away, they aren't opening their doors or selling it. Except, if they hear that a little bit of medicine has become available, they buy it all and keep it stored there. So, in the capital, we're in a state where we can't buy medicine, even if we pay premium prices. Yeong Sil Gong is waiting until the plague becomes more rampant and plans to sell the medicine at prices more expensive than gold. Before then, the Cheonin in the village will all die out." Ah Ro explains then I shake my head.

"This is a problem. How should we solve it?" Wi Hwa asks then I take a deep breath.

"I already offered to break into Gakgan's house before, so I'm willing to do it whenever." I mention then I look at Ji Dwi. "Let's talk about this and see." I tell him.

We leave Wi Hwa's office and sit on the stairs together.

"What do you want to do?" Ji Dwi asks me.