~Chapter 15~ Lies Can Become Truths

Start from the beginning

"Can I stay here instead of the other place?" I ask then he nods.

He places me in the cell where the other Hwarang are then Soo Ho immediately stands up in front of me. 

"Are you okay?" He asks me then he clears his throat. "I mean, are-" he starts off then I roll my eyes.

"Don't get all formal with me. You're my friend, doesn't matter if I'm king or not, don't be formal with me." I interrupt then I sit down next to Ji Dwi.

"Are you really the king?" Ban Ryu asks me with anger and I nod.

"Yes, I am." I answer then I look at all of them. "You all just need to plan on keeping your heads and stay rational with your actions, if you guys want to live." I add as I wrap my robe around me tighter.

"What did you offer to the Crown Prince?" Soo Ho asks me. "Your body again?" He adds then I sarcastically laugh.

"You're sooo funny." I say then I shake my head. "But no, I said I'm fighting him and I'm not afraid of him, so I went into it head on." I add then he shakes his head.

As everybody went to sleep, Ji Dwi and I were still the only ones awake, silent with each other. I was slowly coming to forgive him, but it was still taking time because of how shitty he was with what he did to me and Han Sung. 

"That's a reckless move." Ji Dwi calls out then I look up at him. "He has been trained by war." He adds then he continues staring at the ground. "He thinks killing people is a joke." He adds then I nod.

"That doesn't scare me, you know." I remind him then he looks down at me. "I've been through worse than fighting someone for royalty. I'm the strongest and most skilled swordsman in all of Silla. I'm not afraid of losing, because I know I'll win, I have something to protect anyways." I explain to him then he scoffs.

"Are you talking about your sister and Han Sung?" He asks me and I shake my head.

"Yes, but there's also more." I answer then I sigh. "There's Dog Bird, Soo Ho, Ban Ryu, Yeo Wool, my dad, the people who were born into the wrong nation with starvation and fear trapped in them," I list then I look up at him, "and even you." I add then he chuckles.

"Why'd you say you were the king when you're a girl and no one would believe you?" He asks me.

"Well, I found your bracelet, and I knew that they wouldn't believe me so I made the bracelet come into play." I explain then I lay my head on Ji Dwi's shoulder. 

"I guess you're not mad at me anymore." He mentions then I shrug my shoulders.

"Sort of." I answer then I nuzzle my head into his neck. "I'm still pissed that you tried to break up mine and Han Sung's friendship for your own good, but at this point, I realized that I need to get over it at some point and one of us could die at some point." I explain then I rest my chin on his shoulder and look up at him. "And I don't want my last memory of you, being angry at you and regret that for the rest of my life." I add then I smack his head. "Now, shut up and let me sleep." 

~~~~~~~~

I start to prepare my uniform to fight the crown prince as I pull my hair back and stuff it into my uniform then sigh.

"This is a stupid contest. Give up, now." Soo Ho demands and I shake my head.

"I won't." I argue then I look up at him. "I know for a fact that I won't lose, so no need to worry, Soo Ho." I assure him then the general walks up to our cell.

"Are you ready?" He asks me and I nod.

"Well, of course." I answer then he lets me out of my cell.