They both put their cars in park and climbed out, shaking hands in a very polite and even friendly manner. Hendery leapt to his feet along with the other guys who were already storming their way down to the track.

"You coming?" He offered you a hand up, which you gladly took, needing it to remain stable as the entire bleachers shook and creaked under the stampede of large men.

Once it was less wobbly, Hendery let go of your hand and led you down towards the track, trailing far behind the others. He suddenly couldn't contain himself, running ahead of you to join in the group of boys crowding and teasing Yuta for losing again.

They had all breezed right by Yuta's opponent, who watched on with a look of loneliness, one that you could see for only a moment before he seemed to notice you staring at him, eyes flicking up from the helmet in his hands to look at you. His face broke out into an inviting smile as he set his helmet inside the open window of the passenger door before fully turning to face you.

"Hi?" He greeted you questioningly, still with that warm and light smile across his face.

"Hi," you echoed, unsure of exactly what to say. Glancing briefly at where you were pretty sure Yuta was, all you could see what a mass of yelling men. Yeah, you could kill a few minutes talking to this guy.

"I don't think I've seen you at one of these, right?"

"Oh, no, you haven't," you confirmed, ushering in another bout of awkward silence before you so cleverly decided to ask him, "So, what's your name?"

Real smooth, Y/N.

"Yangyang."

You remembered that Yuta and Hendery had told you that racers often went by nicknames or other names around the track, mostly to keep their identities secret as part of the "this is kind of illegal" thing with underground racing. Hendery was actually his racing name, his real name of Kunhang almost never passing through yours or Yuta's lips.

Even assuming that Yangyang was this man's racing name, you weren't sure why you were so curious to learn his real one. After all, you never called Hendery 'Kunhang.' But nonetheless, you found yourself asking, "And your real name?"

"That is my real name. Liu Yangyang."

"Oh, cute," you stumbled over your mistake, managing to embarrass yourself even more with that small confession. While you absolutely did think the boy in front of you was cute, you had no intention of admitting that to anyone ever, especially not the boy himself.

Even smoother, Y/N.

"Wh- but I just—" Yangyang gestures wildly to his car, Yuta's car, and the track, desperately trying to remind you of his smashing victory that took place just moments ago.

His distress at being called cute amused you, "Just because you drive a fast car doesn't mean you can't be cute!"

"You're annoying," he declared, eyes glistening with mirth. He was teasing you thankfully.

"Oh come on, Yangyang!" Yuta had apparently escaped his other friends and slung an arm around his competitor's shoulders. "Y/N's joining us for dinner! Now go change, you smell like gas."

"I wonder why."

"I can't believe you didn't say congrats to me first!" Your friend let him go to instead throw his arm around your shoulders this time, and you rolled your eyes as you were practically forced to inhale gasoline fumes now.

"First of all, you don't congratulate someone on their fifth loss," you shoved him off of you. "And you alsosmell like gas."

Your friend sighed melodramatically as he started walking away, completely unfazed by you, "Alright, I'll be out in fifteen. You're riding with me, right?"