chapter one

Before age 8

Ali's P.O.V

"Higher!" I sequeled as Niall pushed me on the little tree swing in my  front yard feeling as if I could touch the sky.

Niall laughed in response and pushed me more.

"Alright now its my turn my arms are getting tired!" Niall said.

"Ugh fine," I ground my feet to a stop kicking up lose dirt from the ground.

"Yeah!" Niall said as he hopped on the swing.

* * * * * * * *

Niall and I were always together, are mum's had always 'How cute we were,' and jokingly saying, we were gonna 'End up dating some day.' But that seemed gross at the time- I mean we were only eight.

But we did continue to be friends throughout the years up until highschool, but after me pestering him for ages to audition for the X-

Factor to share his gift, he did. And I never saw him again.

* * * * * * *

After

Ali's P.O.V

"Hey Ali!" My friend Sam said as she sat down beside me.

I was sitting under my favourite tree in the UNI's  quad reading Since You've Been Gone by Megan Matson. I was nearly finished with it.

"Hi Sam," I said as I set down my book, "Whats up?"

She sat down beside me and practicality screamed,"ONE DIRECTION ARE COMING TO TOWN!"

"Cool!" I said in my best fake extied voice, trying to be happy with her. Don't get me wrong I'm super happy for Niall and how big he's got, be he could at least e-mail me once and a while.

"And I'm seeing them in concert!! Can you believe it!?" Her smile was so big I could tell how much this meant to her, so I tried to be extided too.

"No! Really? Thats so cool!" I hugged her and continued,"I wish I could go too." I really didn't but hey, trying to be supportive here.

Before I even got the words out of my mouth she said

"You are! My dad bought an extra ticket and I'm giving it to you!" She said squeezing my arm.

"Oh, Sam that's sweet but why don't you give the ticket to somwon else?" I've got to get out of this.

"No silly," she said putting her hand on mine,"Your my best friend I want you to come with me!"

Me and Sam go wayy back, well not that far but we became friends just about when Niall left. We became instant friends, we just kinda clicked.

"Oh alright I'll go with you." Seeing how much this means to her I couldn't say no.

I mean how bad could it be?

***********

Niall's P.O.V

Just about every day I think about home town and where I cane from.

I think about my mum and dad, my brother and nephew- and all my old friends. And my mind wanders back to Ali and how close we were and now.... we never talk.

She always said we would stay friend before I left for the X-Factor. But he left me for that 'Sam' girl or whatever her name was and started talking bad about me.

I don't know what I did but I would do any thing to try and make it better.

A/N

Hey guys!! So what do u think?? Should I dump this one or keep going? Please comment!!!!!