She finds her struggling to carry two trays; one with beers on it and another with unknown alcohol in shot glasses.

"I wasn't sure if they'd maybe want something stronger."

"Rebecca laughs and takes the tray with the bottles on it, "They'll drink it if it's there. No wonder they all like you."

Smiling, Alice enters the dressing room first, "I've got booze for anyone who needs it!"

Four hands shoot up and the two of them wordlessly pass out bottles and glasses, which Freddie sniffs, "What is this?"

"Whisky," Alice cheers and he gives an approving nod before throwing it back.

"Here," Rebecca murmurs, handing the last bottle to Roger and after putting the tray down, she sits on the arm of the chair but he silently moves her onto his lap.

The door opens and Paul comes in, giving the group a bright smile, "Brillant show tonight guys. One of your best."

Rebecca and Roger scoff and Alice rolls her eyes and wordlessly hands Brian another shot.

He loves blowing smoke up people's arses.

"So," he clapped his hands together, "Where are we going next? There's a club a couple streets away."

Roger taps her leg and she gets up, gathering her jacket and makeup as the others follow suit.

"Not tonight, Paul." Alice answers for the group, pulling on her jacket, "No one's feeling it."

"Bores," Freddie pouts, standing beside their manager, "Getting wasted sounds like the right way to forget about this fiasco we called a performance. Lead the way my darling, lead the way!"

Rebecca sees just how happy Paul seems to be when Freddie agrees to go but she just rolls her eyes. She still didn't know what he was up to but she didn't like it.

||-||

Back at the hotel, they all split off to their own rooms and once he unlocks the door, Roger wordlessly falls onto the bed, propping himself up against up against the headboard with his eyes closed.

Rebecca potters around for a bit, giving him some space but after she gets changed into one of his shirts, she makes her way to the bed.

He opens his eyes to watch her crawl towards him, welcoming her when she throws her leg over him to sit on his lap, "Hi."

"Hey," he whispers.

"I'm sorry that tonight didn't go so well," she says as her finger trails across his lips.

"I hate it when stuff like that happens," he admits, taking her hand, "Jesus, Bex. We were shit."

"You were not," she mumbled, "Rog, you guys played as exquisitely as you always do. It was the venue and their shitty electrics. The power going out, an amp crapping out...that wasn't on you guys. That wasn't your mistake."

Sighing, he rests his forehead against hers, "'m glad you're here."

"Me too," she whispered, "Heaven knows what else would have gotten thrown if I hadn't stopped you."

Giggling, she kissed him softly, "Though I don't condone the unfair treatment of musical instruments, I'll be the first to admit that it would have been hot."

"Christ," he muttered, "Don't encourage me."

"You need to take a shower." she whispered, "You're still all sweaty and while you're there, I'm going to try and get hold of Hannah. She has to talk to us sometime."

"Join me after?" he asks against her lips.

"I'll think about it."

||-||

^ me waking up after the oscars to see that Rami had won