🥀TatianaXReader🥀 ~ Raindrops (part 1)

Y/N - Your Name
R/N - Relatives Name

Y/N's POV-
Another cold day at school. Ofcourse, the day I forget to bring my umbrella and raincoat is the day it rains hard as hell. And now here I am, sitting outside the school, freezing cold waiting for my ride. My phone buzzed inside my pocket. It was a text from my ride.

Sorry, something came up, I can't get you today. Maybe you can get a ride from one of your friends?

'I don't have time for this.' I thought to myself.

I got up and flipped my hoodie over my head and started walking in the direction of my house. I've been walking for about five minutes and am starting feel numb. It's just so cold out here. I reach a stop light and the cars are passing by.

I look to my right and see a girl from my school. She's somewhat short and has long wavy hair. I heard that she cut it a few days ago but I can barely see a difference. It's just that long.

I'll admit it, she's beautiful. And I may or may not have a small crush on her. She is one of my best friends though. It's good to know that she always has my back. She's funny and sweet and all around amazing. I'm pretty sure she has a crush on someone though.

She turns her head, umbrella in hand, and catches me out of the corner of her eye.

"Y/N!" She called, waving her hand slightly. I wave back quickly.

"Hey, Tati." I mumble quietly.

"What are you doing out here with no umbrella and this thin hoodie? You're gonna catch a cold!" She spoke concerned, walking over to me. "Oh please" I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "If anyone's gonna catch a cold here, it's you! You're the one who thinks 40 degree weather is "warm"."

She laughs quietly and punches my shoulder. "Why are you walking? You never walk home. What happened to your ride?"

"Canceled." I muttered, quietly. "I don't usually walk home either but today my brother had work. It's fine though since I live a couple blocks away from school." She said with a small smile.

We stood in silence for a second before she spoke up again. "Can I walk you home?" I just nodded quickly and mumbled a quick thanks.

The light switched a few seconds later, signaling people could walk through the cross walk. Tati already knew where I lived so I didn't have to give too many directions. I stepped through a couple puddles, splashing some water droplets onto the cuffs of my jeans.

I noticed she kept looking at me every few seconds, I'm not sure why though. Maybe it's because I've been so quiet. 'I guess I should say something.'

"So, how was your day?" I asked, hoping to start a conversation.

"It was okay, tiring as usual but things are going well." She answered. "..I heard about what happened with R/N."

Oh my God, no. Just thinking about it made me wanna break down and cry.

"Listen, it's fine if you don't wanna talk about it. I just want you to know I'm always here if you ever wanna talk. I know it was horrible the way things happened."

That's it, I'm gonna cry and there's nothing I can do about it. The hot tears are stinging the corner of my eyes. My lips are pulled into a tight line as I'm willing myself not to cry. I can't, it makes me weak. But I can't help it. I'm crying.

The tears are leaking now, coming down in hot streams down my cheeks. I'm hiccuping sobs out, hoping to God everything could just stop. I knew she was talking to me but I wasn't paying attention.

"Y/N, Y/N, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up! Please stop crying! Look at me!" She had dropped her umbrella a while ago just to hold me and now we were soaked together. She's holding my shoulders now, probably hoping to calm me down. Surprisingly, it works a bit.

All I could do in that moment was hug her. I guess I was hoping for some sort of relief, and Tati was the best candidate for that. She hugged me back and it felt nice. I felt better.

She pulled back but kept her hands on my shoulder. I'm still crying but it's less sobbing and more slight sadness. Maybe today isn't going to be so bad.