Blackhaven

"Bronte never trusted anyone," Alden continued, "except Sophie. That's why we're all going to Bronte's house with Sophie." "You don't have to do th-" Sophie began. Fitz held up his hand. "Do you remember when you had to fix Fintan's mind? It nearly broke yours. We're coming, and that's final." Sophie looked around and all of the others seemed just as firm. "You guys are so overprotective." she sighed. "Fine, let's go." Alden chuckled. "Not so fast. Bronte is a noble, and you have never been to Blackhaven. You are required to wear formal apparel."

A/N: Blackhaven is Bronte's house. I made it up.

Biana squealed. "I get to do a makeover EVEN WHEN ELVEN SECRETS ARE IN GRAVE DANGER!"

A/N: Here I go, the stereotypical KOTLC fanfic.

Sophie silently trudged up the stairs as Biana pushed from behind. "Why do you always have to torture me?" she complained. "Because it's fun, and you look so cute!"

Ten minutes later, Sophie walked down the Vackers' regal staircase in a red silk dress and her hair curled and glistening. Keefe's and Fitz's jaws dropped, and Biana snickered. "Everyone ready?" Alden asked. "Let's go. Blackhaven." he commanded. The leapmaster shifted and a gleam of light took them away.

The group instantly arrived at the Blackhaven courtyard. The manor was impresive, at least four stories tall constructed with black glass. Keefe smirked. "It's a little sad that this looks exactly what I pictured Bronte's house looking like." Alden knocked on the large marble door. There was no answer. He knocked again. "Bronte? Are you in there? Alden pushed open the door.

The entranceway was a mess. One of the bookshelves had been knocked over, a picture had been shoved off the wall, and the stairrail had a large, melted area. Alden traced his finger along the warped railing. "Melder blast."