•+++•

  Finally, home. I feel so tired.
I pulled out my keys and opened the door. As I was placing my jacket on the chair, I heard some footsteps, coming to my direction. I lifted my head and saw Lola, smiling at me.
"Hi.", she said.

"Hi.", I responded, smiling back sadly.

  She then approached me and took me in for a hug and I closed my eyes, hugging her back.

"Are you okay?", she whispered, caressing my head, still in our embrace.

"Yes. I guess."

"Come. Food is ready." She freed me from her arms and led me to the kitchen.

"Wow! Damn, this smells really good!"

"Yeap! Wait until you eat it.", she winked at me and we both laughed.

•+++•

"Ugh, I'm full. Lord, you're really spoiling me.", I said lying on my couch.

"Somebody has to teach you how to eat, Mrs. Clarke.", she laughed and sat next to me.

"Please, don't call me that. I heard it so many times from the doctor today.", I told her, my eyes closed.

"Oh yeah, about that...", she started.

"Oh my god-"

"Come on, Milly. You didn't say a single word from the moment you arrived.", she complained, looking at me and I opened my eyes.

"Okay...", I said, lifting my body in a sitting position.
"Well... he was surprised by my reaction."

"What do you mean?" She pulled a pillow on her legs and hugged it, her full attention to me.

"You know... I was relieved. I'm totally okay with that. It was just a false alarm." I position myself on the fluffy pillows of my couch, and looked at the pool out, through the large glass door.

"Are you?", she asked me, dragging my attention back to her.

"What?"

"Are you really okay with that?", she asked again.

"Of course.", I said clearing my throat.

"Em.", she met my gaze. "You won't fool me. You lowkey wanted it, didn't you?"

I took a deep breath.
"Pfft. Maybe... I mean- I'm watching my godson, this beautiful little beast, laughing, and growing, and... you know." I looked at my hands.

"Aww. Baby, I'm so sorry.", she whispered, reaching and holding my hand.

"It's okay. Never happened, right?", I shook my shoulders and smiled sadly at my best friend, as I felt tears gathering in my eyes.

"I'm always here for you." She hugged me once again.

"I know. I know...", I whispered on her hair, closing my eyes.

•+++•

Emmy Awards, September 17th

  The doors of our car opened and a hand stretched out to help me to get out. Instantly, flashes and voices flooded the environment. I could hear my name everywhere. On my left, on my right, behind and in front of me. I showed them my biggest smile and waited for Lola to come by my side, so that we can walk down the beautiful golden carpet together.

"Go on. I'm right behind you.", she said when I looked at her.

  I started walking and smiling at all of them, as photographers were shooting my name. Some of them wanted to interview me, but I refused. It's really not the right time to do this.