"Get to the closet! Now! Hurry! I'll get my gun!" William said. "John, get the dog! The German Shepard was not yet named. The thing started up the stairs. William raced to his closet in his bedroom. As he did that, Josie, John, and their mother raced into the closet. John opened his dog's cage and picked the puppy up, who was still barking furiously on the way. John saw his dad appear out of his room a moment later, shotgun in his hands. He aimed it down the hallway at the undead police officer, who had already climbed up the stairs. John's dog was squirming, trying to get out of John's grip. He was barking at the police officer, and seemed like he wanted to attack him. The police officer then started limping, slowly, towards John's dad. "What the..." John's dad muttered under his breath. He fired the shotgun at the police officer's chest. The officer was thrown to the ground from the force of the shotgun. John fell to his knees and covered his ears. His dog ran towards the limping police officer, finally free from John's arms. The only thing John could hear was the ringing in his ears caused by the gunshot.
****************

The infection eventually spread to the police officers. They were now roaming the streets, looking for a good meal. Until they heard the gunshot. Every infected person in the neighborhood started to head towards where the gunshot came from, in hope of finding fresh meat.
*****************

John looked up and saw that there was a bullet hole in the police officer's chest, but he got up and didn't look harmed at all, just like the other creatures in the street. John's dad was frozen of shock and fear. He fired his gun again. The police officer was thrown to the ground another time, but he still got up. John's father continuously fired his gun at the police officer, but the undead police officer kept getting up. It seemed as if the police officer was invincible. Until John's dad fired his gun at the police officer's head. Then, the creature fell to the ground. And stopped moving. The ringing in John's ears eventually wore off. He slowly stood up. John glanced back at his mom and sister, both of them pale and frightened. John felt as terrified as they looked. Everyone was silent for a few moments. Even the dog. He just stood next to the body of the fallen police officer, a faint, deep growl in the back of his throat.

"We have to go. We need to pack up what we can and get in the car. It's not safe here anymore. The things outside have a way in, since this one broke through the window," said John's dad breaking the silence. The whole family started to pack what they could. Everything was a blur. Nobody seemed like they wanted to be in the house any longer. The dog followed John out of the room. It seemed he was already loyal towards John.

John felt like he wasn't in his own house anymore. The police officer lying in a puddle of blood in his parents' room didn't help with that feeling. John packed up as many clothes as his suitcase could carry. He was deep in thought about the events that had happened within 10 minutes of him waking up. He packed some snacks and books in his backpack. He didn't know how long they would be in the car. He might as well pack things to keep him entertained. He packed his iPhone into his backpack too. He started to hear moaning downstairs as soon as he finished packing. 'Oh no' John thought. He walked out into the hallway. He grabbed his pocketknife on his way out of his room. He would miss his house. He took one last look at his room, and started to head downstairs with his father, mother, and his little sister, all of who had also finished packing. The German Shepard was right behind John. John's mother had helped Josie pack. Everyone had backpacks on their backs, with all of the basic supplies they would need for a long car trip. There was a small group of the creatures from outside at the bottom of the stairs. And more were coming into the house. John's dad fired his shotgun several times, with precise aim, and hit several of the creatures in the head. John guessed that since his dad shot the undead police officer in the head a few minutes ago, his dad figured that to kill these things, you have to shoot them in the head. And it seemed to be doing the trick. John eventually got used to the sound of the gunshots, but it still hurt his ears. His dog didn't seemed bothered by it. He was growling at all of the creatures downstairs, baring his teeth. The creatures were thrown against the wall behind them, and lay still. But there were still a lot more of them. William was reloading the shotgun, when John heard another gunshot, but it was outside. 'One of my neighbors is probably trying to escape too' John thought. Most John's undead neighbors who were pouring into his house turned and headed towards wherever the gunshot was fired. But some stayed and kept trying to come up the stairs. William fired at and killed the rest of the creatures that were in the house. He reloaded the gun again and cocked it after the room was cleared.