He took her the scenic route, which was mostly just the places he'd showed her from the car on the way in but he shared some more stories, especially when they were crossing the football pitch by his old high school.

"That," he pointed toward an old bike shed, "Is where I had my first kiss."

"Jesus," Rebecca laughed as he led her over to it, "Of course it is."

"It was with a girl called Donna," he explained, pulling her closer when a shiver ran through her, "Wonder what she's up to now."

She knew he was just teasing and nudged him as they walked, "Was it good growing up here?"

He nodded, "It was the best. It's where I'd want to raise kids. Somewhere like this."

Rebecca suddenly pulled him to a stop, "Have you...thought about stuff like that?"

"Like what?"

"You know; the future? Marriage? children?"

He shrugs and pulls his cigarettes from his jacket pocket, "Never used to. Never thought I'd ever really want to. I was quite happy with the way my life was going."

She huffed and crossed her arms, "You better be going somewhere with this, Taylor."

He took a drag of the cigarette, "Then you came along with your beautiful smile."

Her shoulders relaxed and when she saw the smirk on his face, she raised an eyebrow, "Go on."

Roger laughs and flicks the cigarette to the ground despite the fact that he'd literally just lit it and stepped closer, "I knew you were different. I knew you weren't just going to be someone I shagged. I wanted more with you. I wanted a relationship with you."

"And now?" Rebecca knew that this probably wasn't the best place to be doing this but she had to know if he was in the same place as her.

Of course she'd thought about what life would be like with him. What being married to him would be like. Hell, last night after hearing about his mother's baby comment, she'd had a dream about a little boy with her hair and Roger's stunning eyes running around their flat.

"I meant what I said the other night, Bex," he said softly, breaking her out of her thoughts, "You are it for me. I want to marry you. I want a family with you. I want a-"

He let out a groan as her body collided with his, her hands cupping his face so she could press her lips to his as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

Yeah, they were in the same place.

||-||

His dad was late. 

Well, so were they but when they arrived at the café a little after their agreed time, Roger had expected for his dad to be there. 

They decided to sit inside and wait since it was ridiculously cold and so after being told they could sit anywhere, Roger pulled out a chair for Rebecca and took the one next to her where she immediately reached for the menu.  

"What are you thinking?" he asked, looking over her shoulder to read it too.  

"I don't know," she murmured, "It better be good though."

"It is," he assured her, plucking the menu from her hands, "We could split something?" 

She laughed, "Not a chance. Rog, you inhale your food. If we shared something, I would get none of it. No, I'm going to get a panini."

His eyes skimmed down the menu as he hummed under his breath, "Then I'll get the burger. Extra chips since you always steal them."

Twenty minutes later and they were still sitting there with no sign of Roger's dad and after looking at his watch for the third time in the space of five minutes, he shook his head.  

"Screw it," he whispered, "We'll just order. If he turns up, he can get something himself."

"We could give him five more minutes?" Rebecca offered but the sound of her stomach rumbling, made him frown. 

"No, I'll go put our order in now. Ham and cheese, yeah?" 

She nodded squeezing his hand before he got up, "Thank you."

The place wasn't busy so it took no time at all for them to get their food and they ate in a comfortable silence, Roger's eyes looking toward the door every couple of minutes and Rebecca reached over to place her hand on his. 

"Maybe something's come up?" 

"Maybe," he muttered, wiping his mouth with a napkin. 

Just as they were finishing up, the door to the café opened and an older man came rushing in and by the look on Roger's face, she knew that it was his dad. 

"I'm so sorry," he breathed as he approached their table, "I'm sorry. I was in work and I lost track of time." 

If Roger was upset or angry, he didn't let it show and he stood up to greet his father. 

"Hi, dad." 

"Roger," he pulled him into a hug and Rebecca stood too, "And this must be Rebecca."

"It's nice to meet you, Mr Taylor."

"Michael, please." he insisted as he sits down across from the pair, "And it's lovely to finally meet you. We were all wondering when Roger would bring you home."

"Just waiting for the right moment," his son murmured. 

"So," Michael clapped his hands, "Let me get myself a coffee and you can tell me what you've been up to, yeah? Do any of you want a refill?"

||-||

"America? Crikey, that's exciting. And you're opening for another band?"

It's easier to talk to Roger's dad than she thought it would be, he's kind and has the best sense of humour. 

"Yeah," his son nods, "But the album has hit the charts over there."

Rebecca's hand freezes where it's halfway to her mouth with a bit of chocolate cake that the two of them are sharing, "What?"

"The albums in the charts in the US," Roger repeated. 

"You never told me that," she said and he frowned.

"Yes, I did. When I told you we're going to America."  

"No," Rebecca shook her head, "No, you said that we're going over there. That was all. You never mentioned anything about the album charting."

"Didn't I?" he asked, "Oh, I thought I did. Well, the albums in the charts in the US."

She stared at him with her mouth open as he dived back into a conversation with his dad. 

Well, she thought, that's the end of that conversation.