You begin walking, shoving your hands in your pockets tiredly. Usually you'd be taking a nap by now. You feel sluggish.

Kaminari matches your step, putting his hands behind his head as he looks around the area. After a bit of walking, he starts a conversation. "Hey, um, are you okay?"

You look at him. "What do you mean?"

"Your face and arms are bandaged. Oh! Was it from those villains you fended off? We read about it in the news!"

You pause, and turn away. "Yeah. It was rough."

He smiles sympathetically, and a silence falls over the two of you as you walk. Kaminari doesn't seem like the person to keep quiet for too long, though—and you are right, as he addresses you again.

"So, your Quirk is spatial manipulation?"

"Mm."

"That's so cool! So you, uh, manipulate space?"

You look at him blankly. His eyes sparkle in childish wonder.

"You know, when I use too much of my Quirk at once, I fry my brain. I was wondering if a powerful individuality like yours has a side-effect of some sort too! Does it?"

"Yeah."

He grins, glad that the conversation is (in his opinion) going smoothly. "Cool! Well, I mean, not cool, because the side-effects of Quirks are usually bad. But yeah."

The two of you cross a street and walk a bit farther, Kaminari chattering nonstop the entire way, you giving short, clipped answers, but listening to him nonetheless. He talks about random things, usually spurred by things the two of you run into as you walk, and you respond vacantly—"Oh, is that a sushi restaurant? Do you think it's as good as Japan's?"/"No." or, "Woah, we have that store in Japan too! Have you been there before?"/"...to Japan or the store?". It is actually rather nice, having someone who didn't care that you weren't much for conversation. It filled up the awkward silence, at least.

It isn't until a while later that a thought hits you. You turn to the boy beside you, who has just finished his 157th comment about the city and was waiting for your response. "Kaminari, why didn't you use your phone to look up the directions back?"

He scratches his cheek, embarrassed. "My phone's dead, so I can't look up the way back..."

You raise a brow. "Use your Quirk."

His eyes light up. "[L/Name], you absolute genius."

You deadpan.

---------

How the hell were you supposed to know that the guy could overuse his Quirk and end up like that. What the hell. You wanted to die.

Keeping your head down in embarrassment, you drag the electric blond through the streets, face flushed a tomato red. The boy drools stupidly, grins stupidly, and makes stupid noises as you grip him by the collar and pull his ass along the sidewalk. It had been going so well, him biting a charger cord plugged into his phone (which looked absolutely ridiculous but you said nothing to spare his dignity), using small amounts of his Quirk to charge it up.

It only took a minute—a minute—for everything to go wrong.

Some person had crashed into Kaminari, holding a plastic cup of water. They had slammed against him so hard the container was crushed, and you watch in horror as the cap flew off and you remember your only thought being 'oh, fuck', because you knew water and electricity mixed together didn't end great for anybody.