It wasn't till she was behind her locked doors could she relax knowing that she was alone. Her blinds were shut tight letting no moonlight in, the windows all locked and couldn't be open without her keys. She dropped her belongings on the couch and made a beeline to her bed, knowing that every minute of sleep counted. She had to be up shortly for her day job.

* * *

"Why won't he pick up?"

London looked up, semi irritated at her boss. "Sir, you should stop calling him every five minutes."

"But why won't he pick up. If I call him on average every five minutes, in an hour that is twenty times. Isn't Darius bound to pick up one of those?"

"He is overseas which means he's probably sleeping right now,"

Adrian signed kicking the ground to make him office chair go round and round, "He is such a drain. Why am I even related to him?"

London cleared all of Adrian's files placing them back neatly in the filing cabinet. "Did you get no sleep again?" she asked. She didn't want to point out the big dark circles under his eyes, but she couldn't help but worry about him.

"Aren't you meant to pop soon? Go on leave already." Adrian rolled his eyes as he kicked a shelf of his desk shut.

London placed a hand on her stomach, "Four more months"

"Man this is like a buffering movie. You just won't pop and leave me alone." but Adrian was secretly glad his personal assistant was still around. While she was only a few years older than him she acted like his mum. Including slapping his arm as he reached for a chocolate bar, "You need to have some proper breakfast first."

"Chocolate is breakfast Lon,"

"No. It is not. Darren made some croissants this morning. Do you want some?"

"No I don't want your husband's amazing buttery croissants. Obviously I do. Go bring them in!" Adrian sat up grabbing a glass of water. "I wish I had a French pastry chef as a husband," he said and then passed "Wait no. I don't want a husband. Make it wife."

London ignored him grabbing the savoury and sweet croissants from her joined office and bringing them over. "Tomato cheese and ham and chocolate."

She carefully placed them on a plate, grabbed some cutlery from her draw and tissues.

"What about you?"

"I'm not hungry."

Adrian rolled his eyes as he grabbed the knife and cut them both.

"This one is for you and the baby, who you are obviously going to name after your wonderful boss that pays you way too much. And this if for my single soul." he said pushing the three quarter piece towards her.

"That's too much, give me the smaller bit,"

"Babe please you're eating for two and I'm eating for my alter ego. Go eat this and bring me the files."

London sighed knowing she couldn't argue with him and grabber her piece taking it back to her desk. She would eat and work. Adrian looks at the time, surely it wasn't that much later where they were.

He casts a look at London, seeing that she was busy with her head inside a draw he reached for the phone and dials Darius again, this time on his family phone number as he knew he would never miss a call from that one.

Just as he predicted, Darius answered on the third ring. He didn't sound sleepy, no, his older cousin sounded irritated and he could hear screaming in the background. There was no hello, instead he was greeted by a "Yes Adrian?"

"Why are you ignoring my calls."

"I am busy. What do you want?"

"What's all that screaming?"

"My mother," he grumbled and Adrian nodded, there was no need to ask more.

"Isn't visiting family fun?"

"Don't start. You were meant to be here. You know that right."

Adrian winced, "I would rather eat horse shit." there was a reason he purposefully planned all his business meetings around this week. "But not that I have you on the phone. Can I send you some emails I need you to review them and get back to me by tomorrow. It's important."

"Ivory won't like it."

Adrian groaned, his stupid sister in law and her rules about no work on family holidays. "What if I call and talk to her and tell her its an exception."

"Goodluck."

Adrian heard more yelling in the background, "What are they yelling about?"

"My mum is having a phone war with the woman in charge of the cake. Apparently this occasion needs a cake. I don't get why." Adrian nodded, he also doesn't know why a baby shower needs a cake. The baby can't eat the cake.

"I have to call you back later."

"I know you won't but I will send Ivory a message, please look at these they are a three million dollar deal." Whilst Darius didn't find three million dollars big. Adrian did.

"Fine. I'll see."

"Bye couz-," the phone was already hung up. Adrian rolled his eyes, trust his cousin not to be any more affectionate than he used to be.

Adrian swirled around in his chair a few more times, stopping before he got dizzy. He turned to his assistant who was now looking at the computer, "Hey Lon, let's get a coffee...maybe a hot chocolate for you."

"Now?"

"Yeah, I know just the cafe to visit." 

Instagram: imsooverpolice