Chapter 8: Imprisoned pt 2

Start from the beginning

Sokka extends his hand to me as Aang situates himself on Appa's head, taking hold of the reigns. "We don't have much time, there are guards everywhere. Get on!" He whispers.

"Katara, what's wrong?" Aang asks.

"Is something bothering you?" (Y/N) adds onto Aang's question.

"I'm not leaving." Their eyes widen. "I'm not giving up on these people."

"What do you mean your not leaving?" Sokka asks incredulously.

"We can't abandon these people! There has to be a way to help them."

"Maybe she's right. What do you say, Sokka?" Aang says, (Y/N) nodding along with him.

"I say she's crazy!" We duck as the light from the boat flashes over to where we're hiding. "Last chance. We need to leave. Now."

I turn to him angrily. "No."

"I hate when you get like this." He shakes his head. "Come on, we better hide."

I grab (Y/N)'s hand tightly as we get up to move, Aang walking over to Appa quickly and whispering in his ear, most likely telling him where to hide.

~~

Momo looks over some of the crates we were hiding behind. "We don't have much time, what do we do?" Sokka asks.

"I wish I knew how to make a hurricane." Both me and Sokka give him an odd look as (Y/N) stifles her giggles behind her hand. "The warden would run away and we would steal his his keys!" 

"Wouldn't the warden just take his keys with him?" Sokka points out the obvious.

"I'm just shooting ideas around." Aang shrugs.

"I tried talking the earth benders into fighting back but it just didn't work." I say.

"Well," (Y/N) starts, "If you think about it logically, they're surrounded by water. They're few in numbers and power compared to the fire benders. They have no advantages. And there's probably part of their families aboard. If I were them, I wouldn't want to risk it either, to be frank." 

"If there was just a way to help them help themselves." I look to the ground, contemplating their options.

"For that they would need some type of earth or some rock." Sokka looks up to us. "something they can bend."

"But this entire place is made of metal!" I reason.

"We don't know that." (Y/N) mutters, "We haven't been on the inside of the ship."

"You're right, (Y/N)" Aang points at the smoke coming from the ship. "Look at the smoke. They're probably burning coal. In other words, earth."

~~

(Still Katara's POV)

"Its almost dawn, we're running out of time. You sure this gonna work?" I mutter too Sokka as he      hunches back down over the vent with me and (Y/N). 

"It should. These vents reminded me of our little trick back in the village. We're gonna do the same this but on a much bigger scale." He stops for a moment before continuing. "There's a huge deposit of coal at the base of this island, and the whole system is ventilated. Aang closed off all the vents but one. When he does his air bending the coal only has one place to go. Right back here." He finished, look at (Y/N) and I.

"There's the intruders!" A guard yells.

"Stay back! I'm warning you!" Sokka yells, taking out his boomerang as me and my siblings put our backs together, so we can't be snuck up on.