Chapter 47 - Bad News and A Date

Start from the beginning

"Thanks," I responded. Rami stayed for a little longer, answering any questions we had about the situation. He left about half an hour later. We thanked him again for telling us. When I closed the door, I looked back at Joe who was standing in the hallway.

"Goddamit," he said. "I can't believe it."

"Me neither," I replied, defeated.

"I'm- I'm going to go talk to Gwil and Ben," Joe said, not making eye contact with me. I could tell that he was still trying to process what was happening.

"Okay," I nodded. I walked toward him and kissed his cheek. I gave him a sweet smile and I went back into the living room as he went into the bedroom. For the rest of the night, he talked with Gwil and Ben on the phone. Hours upon hours of talking about what was going to happen.

Over the next couple of days, we would get updates about the hunt for a new director. On a Friday night, we got the call that a new director had been found. Dexter Fletcher. Everyone was relieved and worried at the same time. They were happy that the situation had been resolved, but now everyone had to get used to a new director. Joe explained that when he worked on The Pacific there would be a different director every couple of episodes. He knew how to get used to a new director, but it was abrupt to do this when more than 50% of the movie had been filmed.

The next morning, Joe was in a better mood. Not stressing about the situation so much. He seemed like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. We hung around the house again. Laughing and conversing. I was happy that he wasn't as worried about the movie anymore. It made me relax and stop stressing about it as well.

"Let's go out tonight," he said.

"Like a date?" I asked.

"Yeah, why not? I haven't taken you out on a proper date in forever. We've just been so busy." He snuggled up closer to me on the couch. Giving me puppy dog eyes until I agreed.

"Well, how could I say no?" I said. He gave me a big smile.

"Okay, there's this nice restaurant that Gwil was telling me about. It seems nice. But, it's fancy," he explained.

"That's fine," I responded. "I'll just have to dress up a little nicer." I thought about it for a minute. "How about we call it your birthday dinner?" I asked.

"What?" he responded.

"Well, it's only a couple days until your birthday. And what if you get tied up with the new director and we can't celebrate it then?" He thought about it for a minute. "Plus it's a nice restaurant that we would have probably gone to for your birthday anyway," I waited for his response.

"I offer to take you out and you turn it into my birthday dinner?" he asked. I nodded.

"You deserve a nice night," I said.

"You're right. I do deserve it," he joked. I laughed, cuddling up a little more to him. He kissed the top of my head. "Alright, let's do it."

I got myself ready, dressing up in a nice red dress with off the shoulder sleeves and a bow in the back. I also had a small black handbag and black heels. I curled my hair slightly. We both got ready in different parts of the house. Me in the bathroom and Joe in the bedroom so that we could surprise each other when it was time to go. Joe was out in the hallway first. Knocking on the bathroom door to tell me he was ready.

"Just a second," I yelled out. I was finishing my makeup with one last touch of lipstick. I slowly opened the door to see Joe standing in the hallway, hands in his pockets, pushing his suit jacket backward. He was wearing a dark blue suit with a black collar and black accents. He was wearing a black button-up shirt underneath along with black shoes. He turned toward me when he heard the door open. He looked me up and down. Almost undressing me with his eyes.