"They even sell tiger-shaped ice-cream here, have you seen that?" Joseph nodded to the nearby zoo restaurant. "It's... impressive."

Myra stood up as well. "Joseph..."

"Maybe you want to buy one for Lily, she surely would like it."

"Stop it." Sebastian grabbed his shoulder and forced the younger one to look at him. Joseph simply closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry.", he said quietly. "I'm sorry. I didn't know..."

"Joseph, it's okay."

"It's not okay. You both know it's not okay. I... I can't take over your life like that." He lowered his head and clenched his fists. "I am selfish and didn't waste a single thought on your wishes. I only thought of mine."

"Joseph, listen. It's okay. You need help now." Sebastian stroked his shoulder.

"Yes." Joseph finally looked at him with tears in his eyes. "The only right decision here is... to go to Beacon."

"But... you don't want to go there."

"I know but... I just can't stay and ruin your life. You deserve a happy life. And a friend who is healthy. So... I'll work hard and... be the friend you deserve."

"Shut up..." Sebastian hugged his partner tight. "Just stop saying such things. You're not ruining my life."

"He's right." Myra suddenly joined the hug. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt you."

Joseph turned his head to look at her. "If you really want another child..."

"...we still have lots of time." She smiled at him. "We can also get another child in a year or two. I'm not that old."

"I... I didn't say you were old..." Joseph still seemed like he would have to cry any minute but Myra had to laugh.

"Joseph, just sit down. I'll buy you some tiger ice-cream so you won't look that sad anymore." She let go of him again and went to the restaurant.

"Wait... is she actually...?"

"Yes." Sebastian chuckled. "Meet my wife." He softly pushed Joseph down on the bench and sat down next to him.

"You're too nice to me." Joseph lowered his head.

"No. You're too hard on yourself." Sebastian rested his palm on his shoulder. "Joseph. Myra didn't want to insult you or make you feel bad. You know nothing about pregnant women. It's horrible. Being pregnant must be the worst thing in the world. While she was with Lily I had to suffer a lot. And that's why she doesn't want it. Because it would affect you, too."

"Are you sure it's okay?"

"Yes. Don't worry about it. It's like Myra said: We can get a second child later. And when it's time, you're going to be the godfather."

Joseph blinked and looked at him. "You... want me...?"

"Of course. And I'm sorry that I didn't ask you at Lily's birth. To be honest, I'm sorry that I didn't ask you to be my best man on the wedding, too. I had lots of friends back then but... since I'm a father with no time for nights out they all vanished." Sebastian sighed. "I mean, it's not like they hate me or something, they just don't care anymore."

"I'm sorry." Joseph took his hand. "But I will never leave you. I promise."

"I don't doubt that." Sebastian smiled at him. "You're the best friend I've ever had. Because you take me the way I am, with all my flaws."

Joseph blushed a little. "You do the same with me."

"You don't have many flaws though."

"What are you saying?" Joseph blinked. "I'm only here because I can't handle my life right now."

"That's no flaw. You're ill and you need help. I on the other hand smoke, drink, swear to much, overact most of the time and do my own thing without thinking of others..." Sebastian sighed. "Or forget my phone..."

"So you're basically an average American man."

That made the brunette laugh again. "So that's what you think of Americans, Canuck?"

"It's not like I have no American passport."

"But you're Canadian born and raised."

"Canadian and Japanese."

"So you ate sushi with maple syrup?"

"That's probably the worst taste one could create."

"So you tried it?"

"No!"

"We definitely should do that."

"Why in the world should we do that?!"

Sebastian laughed and laid an arm around Joseph. "For the fun, Jo-Jo. For the fun."

"You call that fun?" Joseph looked at him.

"Sure. Never played that gross jellybean game?"

"No."

"It's fun on parties. With a lot of booze you can endure the taste."

"I can't drink."

Sebastian blinked. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that I can't drink alcohol. At least not much. I'm drunk within seconds."

"Well that's an information." Sebastian grinned.

"Don't even think about it." Joseph gave him a death glare. "If you want to fill me up I'm out. I'll quit our friendship. Don't forget that."

"Keep calm. As if I would do that." Sebastian shook his head.

"I don't know when you're joking and when you're serious sometimes."

"Me neither." Sebastian shrugged. "That's the secret of comedy."

"You aren't funny."

"Now you hurt my feelings."

"Okay, sometimes you're funny."

"Thank you."

They smiled at each other. In that second, Myra came back with a big ice-cream plate for Joseph, like she promised.

"Here you go." She handed the plate to Joseph.

"Thank you. That... that really wasn't necessary."

"Nonsense." She sat down next to him. "If someone's sad, just buy him ice-cream. That's what my mother used to say."

"What if that person can't eat ice-cream?"

"Don't ruin it, Joseph and eat."