They've never slept like this before but he doesn't touch her. She's had a very hard day and he doesn't want to push her. She might just want a little space.

"Rog?" he hears her whisper and for a second, he considers just ignoring her, pretending that he's asleep but he knows he's can't.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

This confused him. Sorry for what? "What are you talking about, Bex?"

"My mum," she said and he can hear her voice shaking, "I'm sorry that's she's so horrible to you. That she calls you the wrong name and says horrible things about you."

His heart sinks. He knew something had happened when he was saying goodbye to the guys.

"And I'm sorry that I didn't even defend you against her. That I didn't speak up when she said that you were going to move on to someone else."

He decides to chance it, reaching out a hand until he finds the warm fabric of her T-shirt and when she doesn't move to push him away, he scoots across the bed until his chest is flush against her back, searching for her hand so he can link their fingers together.

"That's what's bothering you."

She doesn't answer.

"Listen to me, yeah?" he whispers, waiting until she murmurs an affirmation that she is indeed listening, "I'm not in a relationship with your mum, am I? I'm in one with you and I don't give a fuck what she thinks about me. Or if she doesn't like me. I'm going to stick around for as long as you want me. I love you, Rebecca, and as far as I'm concerned, this is it for me. You're it for me."

She stays quiet but raises their joined hands to so she can press a soft kiss to his knuckles.

"Roger," she whispered, giggling when he started pressing multiple kisses to her cheek and when she turned her head just ever so slightly, his lips landed on hers. 

He kissed her softly, his hand moving to cup her cheek as she ran hers into his hair. 

"I never asked you," he breathed, pulling away a little bit, "'m a horrible boyfriend but how were you feeling today?"

"I was okay," she murmured, "Cramping a little bit now though."

Without her asking, he wordlessly placed his hand where it was last night and she grinned to herself. 

"You're too good to me, Roger Taylor."

They fall silent, his thumb stroking the exposed skin of her stomach where her shirt had ridden up and he's almost asleep when she says his name again. 

"Yes, my love?" 

"Can we maybe not talk about this Christmas again?"

He smiles and presses one last kiss to her forehead, "I think that's a great idea."

||-||

The next morning, Roger woke up just a few minutes before her and he gently reached over his sleeping girlfriend to place the envelope on her bedside table, which woke her up. 

"Hm," she hummed, stretching her arms above her head, "What a nice sight to wake up to. What are you doing?"

He handed over the envelope as she pushed herself up to lean against the headboard, "This is for you." 

"Oh," she wiped her eyes, looking at him as she took it from him, "What is it?"

"Open it and see." he laughed, reaching to grab his cigarettes. 

"You've just woke up," Rebecca scolded, plucking it from his lips, "At least wait until you've had your breakfast."

"Alright, fine." he concedes and throws them back onto the table, "Hurry up and open that!"

"I am!" she yelled, voice scratchy from sleep and she quickly clears her throat as she pulls the envelope open, tipping it so it's contents fall out, which it does, with a light thud onto the blanket. 

"Is that a...?" she asked, looking at him to see him nodding, "You got me a passport?" 

"I did."

"Can I ask why?" 

He sat up as she opened it, letting out a groan when she saw the tiny photo of herself, "Because."

"Because...?" she repeated. 

"We're going to America." 

Her mouth falls open, like it did when she opened the dress yesterday and he grins, "I...what?" 

"Mott the Hoople want us to be their opening act for the American leg of the tour," he explains, "We fly out January tenth."

"We're going to America?" she asked, letting out a squeal when he nodded, crawling over to him so she could throw her arms around his neck, pulling back slightly to look down at him and he gave her a bright smile.

"We're going to America."