Now, Ivy was feeling totally aggravated. Saturdays were the days she didn't have to make introductions to random people, or have to deal with the problems of the real world. She sighed and opened the door in the rink's rim, and started to make her way up the stairs.

"Hey, where are you going? I'm sorry for being creepy! I could buy you a coffee, and we make proper introductions there!" He called after her. But she was already at the top of the stadiums stairs, opening the jammed door to Mike's office, stomping over to the mac, and pulling her USB out of the slot. She made her way back out of the commentator's box, and pulled open the double doors that lead out of the stadium and into a hallway with two doors at the right side. She pushed one of them and then mentally slapped herself. She had just walked into the men's changing room. She quickly ran back out and into the next door. Then, as fast as humanly possible she changed into her jeans and top again and let her hair down.

Just as she was about to push open the huge double doors behind her, Daren's voice stopped her.

"Dude! Slow down!" He panted. " I just want to talk!" he jogged behind her.

Ivy spun around, annoyed. "I'm sorry, but I don't. I came here for some practice after a rather off-putting morning argument with my uncle, and for once, I thought I wouldn't have to make introductions to some random commercial based agent who evidently doesn't know anything about dance and just wants his company's name to be featured with a small town girl, to show how "open minded" they are. But I'm sorry, you'll have to find somebody else to spew your fame on." Ivy stated, flatly.

At that moment, Ivy's phone started ringing. She dug the device out of her bag and with as much calm as she could muster, answered.

"Hello? Ah! Kevin! How are you? No I'm fine... Yea... No, I was just going to call about our practices... You.. Oh ok. Mhm. Except you said you'd make it. And nationals are in a month. And you're always skipping for one thing or another. And our relationship seems to be your eightieth priority, right after cleaning out your fridge at the end of the month, which I'd like to remind you, you forgot to do this month. ... I don't need your apologies Kevin! It's really frustrating to have SUCH A LAZY FREAKING PARTNER. YOUR MIDDLE NAME IS PROCRASTINATION KEVIN. AND YOUR RELATIONSHIP SKILLS ARE LOUSY. YOU HOLD HANDS WITH ME WHILE YOU'RE FLIRTING WITH OTHER GIRLS. HOW. GROSS. IS. THAT." Ivy took a breath. Daren was just looking on, without a word.

"If you'll excuse me Kevin, I need to go not talk to you for a bit. Actually forever. Yeah, that sounds much better. I think we're through. Please never call me again." Ivy hung up.

She shoved her phone back into her bag, and continued stalking away from the rink. Daren just walked on silently beside her.

Finally, Ivy stopped. They had reached the end of the street, where her truck was parked. As she got out her keys, she noticed Daren standing behind her.

"Okay. Listen. You've been following me this entire way, and now, I've just about had it. My uncle forgot my birthday, YET AGAIN, and my ex-boyfriend is a douchebag, but coincidently, he was also my dance partner, so now with dumping him, I just lost my dancing partner, a month away from the nationals. And now some creep is following me around every. Where." Ivy stated, somewhat disgruntled.

Now that she finally got the chance to look at him, Ivy took in Daren's facial features. His eyes were an amazing aqua mixed with an emerald and a hazel outline around the pupil. He was slender, and had a golden brown tan. In other words, he was hot.

" I don't see what the problem is in you losing your partner. I mean, you're a national based skater, isn't everyone dying to skate with you?" he shrugged, playing off this disaster completely casually.

Ivy took a deep, long, breath.

"You think I'm a professional level skater right?"

He nodded.

"And you know that this is a small town, right?"

He nodded.

"So what makes you think I'll be able to find another professional level skater in this city!?" she asked, losing her patience all over again.

"Well, you don't even know the people that live here that well. Sure, you know their names, and where they live, maybe even where they go to school. But you only talk to about 5% of them. From this I think I can logically deduce that you have at least a 95% chance of finding someone for you out there. For all you know there may be someone who you think is quiet, and clumsy, and can't do anything of this sort on account of their two left feet. But I think that you might actually have a chance. Seeing as you've pretty much already found a partner." He said, grinning.

"How have I already found a partner...? I literally just lost my partner, how could I have found one again in 2 minutes without me knowing?" Ivy asked, a puzzled look on her face.

"You're looking at him! I can do turns and I can spin as well, since I dance, and I already know how to figure skate a bit, just on roller-skates, and not ice skates. But that doesn't mean I don't know how to. And with a little bit of practice I could easily make you take home the nationals trophy. It's so simple for you!" He smiled, a dimple showing up on his face.

"Pfft, please, I'm not risking my nationals for someone I barely know, especially not someone who ruined my birthday," she huffed, and jammed her keys into the truck door, unlocking it.

" You have no idea how long it might take you. I said that you might be able to find someone, but I didn't say how long it would take you to do so. If you pass up this chance, it'll just get harder for you." he reasoned.

Ivy just got into her truck and started the engine. No way was she going to take advice from some random stranger who she had just met. Nationals would happen, with or without a great partner. With her experience, she could teach a beginner how to do spins and jumps, she just needed someone committed enough.

"No thanks," she said through the truck window. "I'll put up signs for auditions tomorrow, and I'll gather as many guys as possible, but I will NOT succumb to ice skate with you." She stated, and pulled out of the parking spot.