Joseph blushed a little. "Why do you want me there then? You don't even know me."

"Of course, I know you! You're Daddy's boyfriend!"

"I'm not his boyfriend!" Joseph got a little loud but then caught himself again. "I'm his partner."

"Whatever, come on now!" She pulled him from the chair.

"Sebastian..."

"Well, I guess you'll have to paint your hand now." Sebastian grinned and took the sandwich back since Lily didn't seem to want it anymore. "We all had to. She loves finger paints."

"Okay then..." Joseph smiled a little. "I'm gonna go play, I guess." He vanished with Lily in her room

Sebastian smiled a sad smile. It was obvious that Joseph would made a great father if he'd ever get the chance, no matter what he thought or said by himself. He truly wished for his partner to find the right one in this moment. A guy that would heal the scars at least a little. Someone who could make him happy again.

Sebastian looked at the phone in his hand. He knew that whatever was on there wasn't going to be pleasant. But while he had a very pleasant night, Joseph had to live through a nightmare.

He stood up and went to the bathroom, locking the door behind him to not get disturbed. Then he sat down on the toilet, taking a deep breath and finally calling his mailbox.

"You have 21 new messages", the robot lady said. Sebastian closed his eyes. At least he didn't leave a message after every call. He wouldn't have been able to sit out 50 messages.

"Message number 1: ...S-Sebastian? If... if you hear this... please call me back, okay? Just... call back." Joseph sounded like he was still in shock.

"Message number 2: Hey... it's me... Joseph... again... sorry for disturbing. I just... I guess I need some help... I don't know. I think I... never mind. Just... call back please."

Sebastian bit his lip. It was already way too hard for him to listen.

"Message number 3: Y-you're busy, aren't you? But... if you wouldn't mind... maybe... come and pick me up? I don't think I... can go home... I'm in a backroad near the supermarket at Kensington Street. I'm... I'm too scared to move, actually... it's dumb I guess but... I can be adult tomorrow, right? Please... call back."

"Joseph..." Sebastian already felt tears in his eyes. He felt so guilty.

"Message number 4: Please, please look at your phone! I can't handle this anymore!" Joseph was sobbing and crying now. It broke Sebastian's heart.

"Message number 5: Can... can I come to your place? I won't bother you or your family... I just want to... get some rest. Please... please answer me!"

"Why didn't you just come?", Sebastian asked quietly, whipping the tears away.

"Message number 6: I'll go now... is it okay if I come? I... I think I need a hug or something."

Sebastian's hands were shaking now and he could barely hold the phone anymore.

"Message number 7: I'm... on my way now. I think... people are staring at me... But I did no wrong! It... it wasn't my fault!" Joseph sobbed again. "Please just be at home."

"Why didn't you come?", Sebastian whispered.

"Message number 8: I'm here now... Sebastian. But I guess... you're all asleep. The house is dark. So, it doesn't make any sense to call you either... I don't want to wake you up. I'll stay somewhere else."