"What kind of muffin do you want?" She asks Rory.

"Blueberry." Rory answers. Harper walks over and places the coffee in front of them.

"You know where you can stick the spirit of fall?" Luke asks before handing Lorelai a utensil to pick up the muffins. "Here, don't use your hands."

"I don't think you're taking me seriously." Taylor accused.

"For Heaven's sake, Taylor! Order something or get out." Harper yells for across the diner. She picks up the money from Lorelai. "No tip?"

Lorelai turns to Harper. "Oh, yeah, here's a tip-serve your customers."

"I gave you coffee." Harper reminds but was ignored.

"Here's another-don't sit on any cold benches." Luke fires at Lorelai, confirm that he did, in fact, listen. Lorelai and Rory walk out the door.

"Taylor, I swear to God, if you pull those Pilgrims out of your pocket one more time..." Luke starts.

"I'm just doing it-"

"No." Harper ends.

_______________________________________

KIM'S ANTIQUES

After school, Harper went to Lane's house to hangout before going back to the diner. While Lane got to work in her mom's antique shop, she listened to Harper's ranting.

"Next time, I'll just dump the hot coffee on Taylor. I'll even smash his little creepy dolls at the chance I get." Harper complains about this morning. Lane laughs and joins her to where she stood.

"Sorry you had to go through that." Lane says as her polished the antiques in her mom's shop.

"Every year it's the same thing. Taylor needs to give up already, my dad is very short-tempered when it comes to Taylor."

"I mean-I'm not taking Taylor's side, but is hanging decorations up so bad?" Lane asks. Harper slowly looks at her as if she was crazy.

"Would your mom be OK with you hanging posters of Nirvana and Green Day in your room?" Harper asks sarcastically. Lane places her hands on her hips. "Lane, you know my dad. He doesn't hang decorations for two reasons; to annoy Taylor and it's ugly."

"But, if you ask him to he probably won't say no. In fact, I bet on my XTC - Apple Venus Volumes 1 and 2 that he won't say no." Lane bets. Harper laughs.

"Be serious."

"He's your dad. If you ask him to stop wearing baseball hats, I'm sure he'll do it." Lane jokes.

"Let's not go that far." The bell at the front door rang and Lane's name was called out.

"Lane? Lane?" It was Rory's voice. Lane and Harper showed themselves and found Rory with a shocked look on her face and in her hand holding a box of cornstarch.