Chapter Two: The Weird Kiss

[Leaftia's POV]

I awake to find Vetruz next to my bed. I find myself blushing. Why am I blushing? He's just a friend. RIght? I look down and see that my hand was latched onto his arm sleeve. I let go of his  sleeve and sigh. I roll to the other side of the bed and get up off the bed that way. I stretch and I think I could hear my back crack.. Vetruz flinches as he hears the sound. How does he hear the sound? He doesn't have ears. I don't think he has ears, he IS a skeleton. I don't think he CAN have ears. I sigh as I walk around the bed and I hear Vetruz groan. I stop walking and look at him. I walk to him and I whisper, "There is no need to let your fears control you." He stops groaning and I smile. I get up but then Vetruz hugs me. "I knew you were awake." He says in a voice I didn't know. I look at him weird. "WHAT?! How did you?-" I try to say but I couldn't because he kissed me. He actually kissed me. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss. I could feel his soul go a-flutter as I did that. After a bit he pulls away from me. "I-I'm so so so sorry!" He says but I just chuckle. "It's fine Vet." I say giving him a quick kiss on his cheek. I'm pretty sure his soul is about to explode from me doing that. "I have to go Vetruz, I'll be back later." I say with a smile. He looks at me and smiles. "Okay. I'll be waiting." He says with the exact tone he had before he kissed me. I roll my eyes and grab his arm. "Sorry, I have to get dressed. So you have to get out." I say and you would never believe what he did. He quickly turned around and kissed me again. I quickly pull away from the kiss and he goes "aww." Like he was disappointed in me. I sigh and give him a quick peck and then I push him out of my door and slam the door shut. I go to my closet to get my clothes to get dressed.

[Vetruz's POV]

       I can't believe what I've done. I let my soul take control of me. Not once, but twice. No one knows, but my soul is like a completely different person-er-monster. It only wants to be in control when Leaftia's around. And, well, I have to admit, she did taste pretty good when we kissed. Oh no, there I go again! Letting my soul take control of me again! I grunt and walk away. I walk to the kitchen and get some tea. Leafy hates it when I steal some of her tea, but I really need the tea. Sorry, Leafy, I really need this. I grab a cup and pour some of the tea in it. I put the tea back where it was and I grab the cup full of tea and I drink it. Down the hatch. I think and after I'm done with the cup I wash it. Normally Leafy washes the dishes. But I think I'll do at least this dish today. I sing a happy tune as I hear Leafy go down the stairs. I smile and look at her. "Hey Leaf-" I spin around seeing Leafy in the most adorable outfit ever known to monster kind. I smile at her in amazement. She looks like an angel. I hear my soul say as it skipped a beat. Leafy is wearing a gold sweatshirt with silver shorts and her normal boots. She looked incredible! She really WAS an ANGEL. "How do I look?" She asks. "You look like an angel.." My soul said as it took control over me. She giggles and does a little twirl. "I don't look like an angel. But thanks for the compliment!" My soul beats faster than it did before. I'm pretty sure it's about to explode and take complete control over me. But before I could do anything, my vision becomes blurry and I pass out on the ground. 

      I feel like I'm being picked up but I don't know by who. All I see is darkness. Do you want to see what's going on? A familiar voice asks me. 'What are you talking about?' I ask. I know how to get you to see what's happening. But we need to take a trip down memory lane first. I sigh. 'Oh of course that would happen. I wouldn't be able to know what's going on until hours later.' I say, my voice rising with anger. You have already been here for three hours of your time. My soul tells me. I flinch at what it just said. 'What are you talking about?' I ask, placing my index finger on my chin thinking. I sigh. 'Just as long as I can see Leafy, I'll be fine.' I say, puffing my chest out. Alright. I'll let you talk with her in her mind for a few minutes. That's all. And with that everything went white and I saw Leafy next to me. Saying things like 'please get up' and 'if you'll come back I'll give you a better life.' But what she doesn't know is that I already have a perfect life. I look down and see that I.. I have paws?! I'm a cat?! What?! Leafy looks at me. "Oh, hi Fluff. Sorry, I can't play with you today. I need to stay here so that... I'll know when Vet wakes up." I feel like my ears had drooped. Also, why did she call me Fluff? Is that this cats name? I jump down from where I was and Leafy open her arms and catches me. She begins to pet my head. I couldn't resist a purr. She giggles. "You know, you remind me of him. A lot. You both care about me so much." I open my eyes and lift my head up and nuzzle her neck. She giggles again. "You know, I think I wouldn't mind having company while I wait for Vet to wake up." My ears pop up and I purr with agreement. I sit on her lap and she continues to pet me, and I continue to purr. I begin to doze off into a nice slumber when just then, I heard the monitor beep. Leafy gets up off the floor like it's a do-or-die situation and sets me down next to my now-sleepless body. I rest my head on top of my sleepless body and I close my eyes. But what I didn't know, is that both the cat and my body died that day.