Chapter 46 - Pain and Jurassic Park

Começar do início

He gave me a soft smile as he reached over to grab the items. He handed them over to me and I took them willingly. He left the room as I drank the water, hoping the hydration would calm the pain. He came back in with a heating pad and plugged it into my bedside outlet. He laid it across my stomach and turned the heat up to medium. He grazed his thumb across my lips to wipe away some of the access water as I put the glass on my nightstand.

"Better?" he whispered.

"Not yet, but we'll get there. Thank you, baby," I said as I clutched the heating pad flush against my stomach. He lightly kissed me before sitting back on his knees. He put his hand in mine as I could feel the medicine start to take effect and the pain slowly draining from my tired body.

"I don't think you should go to set today. You should stay here and get some rest." He said in a soft tone.

"I can go, I'll be fine." I had done it before. I went to set with awful cramps once and that just resulted in about an hour of standing followed by two hours of laying in the fetal position in Joe's trailer. And then repeated that until the end of the day. It wasn't fun, but I did go to set that day.

"I'm sure you would be," he started as he brushed some hair out of my face. "But it's doctor's orders. You're staying here," he laughed a little. "You can miss one day because you're not feeling well." I felt my eyes get heavy. All my pain was slowly going away and my body was getting very tired.

"Okay," I yawned. "I guess that's understandable," I flopped my head over to the side to look at him. "I'm sorry I woke you," I said.

"I'm glad you woke me. Otherwise, you'd still be in pain." He patted my hand and started to get up off his knees. "Get some sleep."

"Okay," I hummed. It didn't take long to fall back asleep with the heat radiating from my stomach and my headache and back pain now gone.

----------

I woke up later to the sun streaming into the room. I could tell that it was almost noon by how bright the sun was. I slowly sat up. I knew my cramps would start up again as soon as I started walking around, so I needed to act fast. But, as I was about to get out of bed, I saw a note on my nightstand. It was next to some aspirin and a full glass of water. I picked up the note and read it.

Take these so you're not in a lot of pain like last night. I went off to set, but I'll call you at lunch. I love you.

-Joe

I smiled at the note and gladly took the pills. They would take a little bit to kick in, so I just went about with what I wanted to do. I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and got dressed in some loose, comfortable clothing. I unplugged my heating pad and brought it into the living room along with a blanket. I made a comfortable, make-shift bed on the couch so I could watch TV or check in with my audience on my laptop. I didn't like staying in bed all day even when I'm not feeling well because I feel like I didn't accomplish anything and it makes me feel worse about myself.

I sat and watched a show while I waited for Joe to call. I was having small pains here and there, but nothing as bad as last night. In fact, the cramps last night were the worst ones I have had since being with Joe. I would usually try to hide them from him, like when I went to set and just ended up cowering in his trailer. But, they were impossible to hide last night. And even though he helped me feel better, I still regretted waking him up. But then, my phone started ringing. I picked it up and started the FaceTime with Joe.

"Hey Jule, how are you doing?" He had his long Deacy wig on, but it was tied back in a ponytail.

"That's a look," I said with a small smile.