Everything's Going to be Just Fine

Start from the beginning

__________

Morning

My eyes fluttered open, and I slowly lifted me head, to feel my neck stiff and sore. The pain forced me to groan, which woke Julie up. 

"Hey Tobin, I got you," she said. She got up and grabbed a fresh cloth and started to clean my face. 

"You know I can take care of myself right?" 

"That's not what it looked like last night," she pointed out. I sighed in defeat, "what were you even thinking last night? I just don't understand why Alex." 

"I know, it's just not a good time for me, and I completely lost my mind." 

"Can I give you some advice?" I nodded, "don't hook up with someone else's girlfriend," that made her recieve a punch on the arm, which made her yelp in pain. But I still love Julie. 

"Do you think you can try sitting up?" 

"I guess it doesn't hurt to try," I slowly lifted myself off, starting off just lifting my upper body, "okay, that wasn't so bad, let's try standing up." 

As I did, my stomach clenched together, which shot another pain through my body, "argghhh!" I immediately sat back down, "guess it does hurt," I groaned. 

"Hey, this is a good start, how bout I make you some breakfast?" 

"Yeah, I'm starving." 

As Julie started making some breakfast, I turned on the t.v. to watch some ESPN and watched UNC football playing against Auburn. 

"Come on ref, that was not a holding!" I yelled at the t.v.. 

"What happened?" asked Julie from the kitchen. 

"The ref called a holding against offense, so now we have to go back 5 yards, stupid," I grumbled. 

A few moments later, Julie came back with a plate of eggs and toast, which I devoured within seconds. We kept watching the game, yelling or cheering once in awhile. 

"I swear, if I didn't love soccer like I do, I would be a kicker for a football team," said Julie, swallowing a mouthful of eggs. 

"I would want to be quarterack. I love throwing, and I have a killer arm," I said as I showed off my  arm muscles. 

"Oh yeah, can you throw a hail mary?" 

"You bet, if I wasn't injured, I'd show you," I said confidently. 

"What ever you say bro," she said in a non-convincing tone. I rolled my eyes, but focused my attention back to the game. 

When the game ended, with UNC winning by 15 points, we turned off the t.v. and agreed to try for me to stand up. I grabbed Julie's arm that was out for support, and heaved myself up.

It was painful, but not as bad as before, so I stood there, trying to not imagine myself falling. 

"Wanna try taking a step?" she asked. 

"Sure," I moved my right foot and took a small step. I felt my knee suddenly give out, and I started going down, until Julie caught me. 

"Thanks, let me try again," I persisted. She nodded, and helped me standing up fully. 

I took my left foot in front and took a step. It wasn't as bad, so I tried walking normaly, and I started getting the hang of it. 

"Well that's a relief," I sighed. Julie was able to let go, and I started walking almost normaly.