Josh didn't reply. He wanted to believe Tyler but something in his head was telling him not to.

He should have listened.

---

A week had passed and Josh sat in the living room, watching a movie and eating popcorn. Tyler was in the bathroom and Josh was in the middle of chewing a piece when he realized he forgot to make an appointment with the optometrist. It was early January he usually goes back every year around this time.

His phone was in his bedroom charging so he picked Tyler's phone up off of the coffee table to send himself a text as a reminder. He clicked the home button and his face furrowed in confusion when the iPhone said it didn't recognize his thumbprint. Josh pressed the button that gave him the option to type his passcode in manually and hit 0618. The phone shook and told him it was the incorrect password.

Josh set the phone back down and Tyler walked in a moment later. "Sorry I was cold so I went to grab a blanket too," he smiled, sitting back down on the couch. He snuggled up next to Josh but the dark haired man couldn't help but feel like something was wrong.

"Babe?"

"Yeah?" Tyler looked up, an innocent look on his face. Josh didn't want it to happen but his heart melted at the sight. This was his boyfriend of four years he was talking about. They trusted each other wholeheartedly.

"Can you send a text to me reminding me to make an appointment with the eye doctor?" He asked.

Tyler's eyes flicked down shamefully. Josh stared straight ahead at the TV acting like he didn't see the action. "Yeah," Tyler grabbed his phone and unlocked it with his passcode and not thumbprint, Josh noted. He made sure to keep it angled away from Josh as he sent the text before locking it but this time keeping it with him and probably putting it in his pocket.

Josh knew something was wrong.

---

"I don't get it, Hayley," Josh breathed into the phone as he laid in bed. Tyler was currently working late so he was left to his own devices until his boyfriend got home. He was bored so he decided to call his best friend that he had gone to college with. "He's been acting shady lately."

Hayley hummed for a moment before gasping. "Maybe he's proposing!"

"Hayls—"

"Think about it!" Hayley said excitedly. "Ashley got really awkward around me before she proposed. She told me she felt bad because she couldn't keep secrets from me even though it was a good secret. Maybe he has a ring or something and doesn't want you to see anything on his phone."

"I don't know..." Josh sighed. "I have a weird feeling in my gut and I don't know what it is. I love him and I trust him. Besides, I don't think he's proposing. We both decided when we're at that point in our life I would be the one to pop the question."

"Maybe he wanted it to be a surprise? That's why he agreed?" She suggested.

"Maybe..." Josh trailed off.

"What do you think it is?"

"I don't know... I don't want to assume the worst. He's definitely hiding something from me I know that for sure."