I Will Always Love You

Lucy lay in her bed on her back, wide awake. Her breaths were strung out so far sometimes she wondered if she was even breathing. A rock sat on her chest, her eyes stung from all the crying. A year ago, they would have celebrated the fact that Garcia Flynn was now dead. (Even that thought now made her sick to her stomach.) She had lost a friend—a friend that, perhaps, she wanted to be more than a friend. She sniffed. She rolled on her side and crinkled the piece of paper that was in her hand. Jiya shifted across the room in her bed.

"To be honest? I didn't believe it. ... I'm not exactly your type."

If I should stay, I would only be in you way...

"You don't know anything about my type."

Lucy had hoped he would have smiled at that, catching a hint.

"You're heart always belonged to someone else."

So I'll go, but I know...I'll think of you, every step of the way...

Lucy gritted her teeth. He may have right about that months ago, but it wasn't so anymore. Lucy realised now, that it was too late, just how insecure he was. How much he cared for her. And how much she cared about him. Her hand with the piece of paper tightened into a fist.

"My Dear Lucy," Her hands and breath trembled everytime she read it. "If you are reading this, I guess I didn't make it back. Well, maybe it's for the best when you think about what I've done in the past. To the team. To you."

"Ask them why they really chose you for this mission."
"You think I sleep at night?!"
"I think you're a broken man..."
"I'm sorry!"
"You're sorry?!"
"I'd like to get to know you..."
"Out of everyone here, you're the easiest to talk to."

They had come so far and now he was gone.

Bittersweet memories, that is all I'm taking with me...

"We both wanted to stop Rittenhouse but somehow you didn't let it destory you, the way I did." He didn't know. He didn't know she almost died just to stop it. "So if anyone is expendable on this team, it's me."

So goodbye, please don't cry...

"Tell Rufus, he can thank me later. I have to admit, I don't hate the guy."

Lucy rolled on her back again, unable to get comfortable.

"I regret the pain I caused you, Lucy. And maybe by doing this, I can find a small way to make things right. So you can have the future you deserve. I know, with time, you'll forgive Wyatt, because you love him and deep down you know he was just trying to do the right thing."

We both know, I'm not what you, you need
And I will always love you, you

He may be right. She would forgive Wyatt. And she did still love him, but she decided to go separate ways. She would forgive, but she wouldn't forget. She wouldn't forget the pain Wyatt caused her, how much she had grown fond of Flynn and how Wyatt tried to take that from her. It wouldn't work. But, yes, she did love him.

"I hope you get everything you want in life. I hope you can be happy. And one day I hope you get to have a family of your own. And I hope you get your sister back."

I hope life treats you kind, and I hope you have all you've dreamed of
And I wish you joy and happiness

"Never give up trying to stop Rittenhouse and then maybe you can save the ones you love. Well, guess I'll see you at Christmas Eve. 2014. You know the place. All my love, Flynn."