Joseph x Black: Stuck.

"This is all your fault, you fool."

Joseph sneered, crossing his arms over his chest. He pressed his back against the greyish-red wall with a menacing glare in his deep blue eyes; so menacing that it might scare the other Hunters if they were present.

"So need for name calling..." Next to the short, attractive man was Black, who nonchalantly responded. He was rubbing the back of his neck, rolling his eyes. "I was just trying to have fun-"

"Fun? " Joseph cut him off and glared daggers at the taller man, the left side of his face becoming cracked.

"We were supposed to be memorizing the map and you threw me in the closet! And now we're locked in the same closet!" His face became more and more cracked, expressing the anger he has in this current moment. After practically shouting those last words, he tried to calm himself down.

Joseph closed his eyes and took a really deep sigh, some of his face restoring back to normal. It was silent for a few moments before he slowly opened his eyes. His arms hung at his side but his expression wasn't so relaxed. He appeared disappointed.

"I wish White was here." Black's annoyance was now being shown, thanks to that remark.

No one likes being compared to anyone. So when Joseph said that, he definitely pushed a button. He turned his head to the Frenchman, his brows furrowed. "And what is that suppose to mean?"

"I don't know, that he wouldn't have let this happen? What was there not to understand?" Both parties were clearly not fond of each other at the moment and thanks to that, the atmosphere was bittersweet. Black exhaled heavily, ready to say something inappropriate but decided to try and be responsible.

It's best to not add more fuel to the fire, he thought.

"Listen," He mumbled at first. "I'm sorry, alright? I haven't gotten the chance to really enjoy hanging out with you as White gets to."

"...Black...saying sorry is not going to get us out of this closet, now is it?" The atmosphere went from bittersweet to downright distasteful. Joseph then shrugged, pushing his long silver strands off his shoulders and towards his back. "But if it will, then by all means. Keep apologizing."

Black was now furious and groaned. "I didn't say sorry was going to fix anything!"

Joseph sighed loud and slow, his arms back to being crossed over his chest. "I don't care, we're still stuck in here. Didn't even know the closet doors were this strong..." He muttered the last part. He was so used to just swinging them open and dragging survivors out with no problem.

"What the hell is your problem, Joseph?"

"I already told you, that we're--"

"No, that's not it! " Joseph flinched at the Guard's booming voice. He never really raised his voice as he did just now.

"You've been like this towards me all week, whenever I come out the umbrella." Black stared at him: he was visibly pissed and couldn't keep his calm any longer.

Black was known for being quiet but also an asshole from time to time, but at this particular moment: he lost his temper very quickly. Joseph was actually taken aback from this.

He then averted his blue eyes from his friend, thinking quickly to form a decent sentence. After a few seconds, he inhaled heavily then looks back at him, trying to refrain from exposing his vulnerability.

"And why do you think that, Black?"

The question Joseph asked made the closet fall silent. The sun had almost completely set, the sky going from a radiant purple-orange blend to a grey-blue and midnight shade. The sky had become dark, indicating that it is now nighttime. Black continued staring at Joseph, puzzled like a lost child.