The Vampire Who Stole My Heart Chapter 2

He laughed. "I knew you remembered. Anyways, how could you forget the person who stole you heart?" He replied. I snickered but reddened.

It was the guy from the street, Ty I think. "Ha, you wish freak," I snapped back. He smirked. "You know I have a name. Also should you be talking like that to someone who saved you dad?" he joked.

"Oh I'm sorry. Let me rephrase that" I said and took a deep breath. "Ha, you wish freaky Ty. Better?" He laughed and to my surprise nodded.

Before we could talk more, the doctor came toward us. I stood up. "Is he okay doc?" I asked. He shook his head. I felt my heart drop.

"Your dad needs to stay in the hospital for a while. Is there anyone else who can watch over you? Like your mother?" He said. I sighed and said the words I didn't want to say, "No."

"Then can you stay with this man? You're not old enough to live alone," the doctor said. I sighed. I really didn't have a choice so Ty and I nodded.

He drove me to his house in silence. "My mom will take care of you most of the time and my sister will keep you company," he said breaking the silence. I nodded staring out the window. We were moving at a fast speed and I checked the meter. 90mph. Wow we were going fast but I was too upset to care.

"I'll pick up your things so you won't worry," he said hoping for an answer. "Ok," I said hoping my voice didn't crack. "Relax your father will be fine," he said noticing my sadness. I shrugged.

We were at his house in a minute or two. It looked like a mansion but wasn't shaped like it. There were diagonal boards and creativity everywhere. We walked inside and I noticed there were no curtains so they were seen outside.

"Mom! Katrina!" Ty yelled. I looked up the stairs and sure enough, two girls were walking toward us. One was a brown brunette while the other was... blonde? I couldn't tell because it looked a little brown.

"Who is this?" the brunette asked pointing at me. The blonde actually looked pleased to see me but the brunette looked appalled.

"Katrina, this is Scarlet. Scarlet this is Katrina and my mom Stephanie," Ty replied.

Katrina scoffed. "You brought home a human? Why?" It was already strange that they had no curtains but now it's like they aren't from here. Ty sent her a death glare and Katrina finally hushed.

"Mom, Scarlet has to stay here for a while since her dad is in the hospital and there's no one she can stay with," Ty said. Stephanie just bobbed her head in reply.

"I'll show you to your room, Scarlet. Follow me," Stephanie said. I nodded and followed her.