17 | secrets and sins

seventeen
secrets and sins.

"NICHOLAS, WHAT THE hell are you doing here?" Josie demands curiously once she lays eyes on her brother, Dorcas, and Agatha

"NICHOLAS, WHAT THE hell are you doing here?" Josie demands curiously once she lays eyes on her brother, Dorcas, and Agatha. She hasn't seen Prudence yet, but her sisters are here, so she's probably close by.

"I heard about your party," Nick shrugs, one of his arms around a tipsy Dorcas and his other arm around a completely drunk Agatha. He, however, appears to be completely sober. "And what kind of brother would I be if I missed this?"

"I'm actually glad you're here," Josie admits, choosing to ignore the fact that she knows she should send him straight back to Greendale. She normally only gets to see him at the academy, so it's nice to see him here. Even if it's at a party. But then she glares at the Weird sister's. "But why did you bring them?"

"They're my dates."

"You're here with both of them?" Josie deadpans, narrowing her eyes at him suspiciously. He's always been a bit of a player, but this is a new low even for him.

"Yep."

"Do I even wanna know how that happened?"

"Probably not."

"Uh, okay," Josie nods, before she sees Toni across the room dancing with Prudence. The pair are basically grinding on each other, and Josie tilts her head in surprise, finding it odd that Toni is dancing with her ex. And then Toni leans forward and kisses Prudence right on the lips, and Prudence kisses her back.

I didn't see that coming, Josie thinks silently, shocked to find that she's not even jealous. If it were Veronica...

Oh, shit, Josie's eyes widen, her thoughts and feelings suddenly becoming clear, which is ironic since she's been downing drinks since she got here. I'm in love with Veronica.

She curses under her breath at the realization before she sets her drink down and goes to find Veronica. She finds the Lodge girl by the stairs, and when she does, she grabs ahold of her hand. "Let's go."

"Go where?" Veronica questions, her eyes as wide as saucers. She didn't expect Josie to grab ahold of her hand, here of all places.

"Let's just get out of here," Josie insists, grinning at Veronica. "I have something to tell you, but not here. Okay?"

Veronica nods, gently squeezing the girl's hand before letting Josie lead her towards the door. But Chuck and Cheryl stop them before they can leave.

"Hey. Whoa," Chuck snaps, putting a hand on the door so that they can't open it. "You two aren't going anywhere."

"We were just leaving, actually," Josie informs, tightening her grip on Veronica's hand gently.