"Dammit," Andrew muttered ten minutes later when all he could find was a children's Halloween costume and a skin-tight silver latex bodysuit complete with a prehensile tail which, as much as he loved Garrett, there was no way in hell he was wearing.

Grumbling to himself, Andrew snatched up his bag from the backseat and exited his car; praying that Garrett would never find out about the vast array of sci-fi based latex bodysuits that were on offer. Crunching his way up the gravel path that led to Garrett's tiny apartment Andrew could hear Tom Wait's "Rain Dog's" drifting out from the open window.

"Babe?" he called out as he pushed open the front door only to find Garrett midway through a slightly manic cleaning frenzy.

The apartment wasn't half as messy as Andrew had expected, just a few dozen soda cans and a random assortment of craft supplies strewn across the couch, which Garrett was frantically trying to tidy up. Shutting the door behind him Andrew toed off his shoes and set his laptop bag down on the kitchen countertop.

"Garrett?" he called out again but to no avail; Garrett was too engrossed in what he was doing to hear Andrew over the music.

Shaking his head fondly Andrew crossed over to the speaker and shut the music of whilst Garrett was throwing a bunch of glitter tubes into an old shoe box. The apartment descended into blessed silence, something which their neighbours were probably very thankful for only, only for Garrett to let out a loud scream as he finally looked up from what he was doing.

"Andrew??!" he spluttered, dropping a stack of craft card and some stickers he was holding all over the floor, "What time is it? How long have you been standing there? I thought Bert the Ghost was messing with my music again."

"Long enough," Andrew joked with a smile because of course, Garrett would think a ghost had turned the speaker off, "Sorry, I didn't mean to give you a heart attack. Are you ok?"

"Uh huh," Garrett but Andrew couldn't help but notice he was trying to block the remains of his crafting exploits from view.

"You sure? Cus this is fine," Andrew said as he gestured to the sea of craft supplies but Garrett still looked guilty at having been caught out, "It's fine if you made a little bit of a mess."

"I was just..." Garrett fretted as he waved around a tube of glitter in one hand and a pair of scissors in the other, "It's not..."

"Babe it's fine," Andrew reiterated kindly as he carefully took the scissors from Garrett and picked up the stack of coloured card and set them both neatly on the countertop, "Do you need a hand?"

"Ummm," Garrett said, still looking flustered as he took in the mess that surrounded him, "No. I can do it."

He didn't sound all that convinced but Andrew had learned that it was better to let Garrett try to clean up himself rather than jumping in and helping straight away. Bridging the gap between them he pulled Garrett into a tight hug; wrapping his arms around his neck and pulling him close.

"I know you can," he told him as he squeezed Garrett's hand reassuringly, "I'm just gonna take a quick shower but I'll be here if you need me, ok?"

"Ok," Garrett said as he hugged him back; sounding a lot more confident than he had before.

Andrew gave him a quick kiss on the forehead before he left Garrett to it and headed into the tiny bathroom. Once he was done in the shower Andrew threw on a pair of sleep shorts and a clean t-shirt; running a towel through his damp hair. Feeling much more awake he made his way back out to Garrett and the thankfully not-so-messy living room. Now that he had almost everything tidied away Garrett was back to his usual happy-go-lucky self and was almost bouncing off the walls with excitement that Andrew had come home early. He was chattering away so fast that Andrew had trouble keeping up with what he was saying; something about Harry Potter, glue guns and a small cat named Pebbles he'd seen but thankfully no aliens.

"Ok, Ok!" Andrew laughed as Garrett wrapped himself around him like an octopus and hugged him tightly, "Come on, there's still glitter all over the couch and I'm starving; you can hug me all you want later."

It took a little longer than anticipated to clean the rest of the craft stuff up mainly because Garrett was more interested in Andrew than picking up packets of stickers. Once he kept his hands to himself Andrew eventually managed to help him tidy up the rest of the glitter before ordering them both a pizza; neither of them could cook and it was far too late to go to Trader Joe's for anything even remotely healthy. When the food arrived Andrew got comfy on the couch and admired the view when Garrett bent over to pick out a film for them to watch on his big screen.

"Why is Shane texting me pictures of Sigourney Weaver?" Garrett asked as he paused from looking through his vast Blu-Ray collection and stared down his phone in puzzlement, "And that guy from Alien who turned out to be a robot?"

Dammit, Shane!

"Probably just something stupid," Andrew replied hastily even though he could feel his face turning pink, "Come on, your pizza's getting cold."

Luckily Garrett didn't ask any further questions and instead stole a slice of Andrews pizza; munching on it as he pulled the projector screen down. Now probably wasn't the best time to fess up to the fact that Shane knew all about Garrett's keen interest in outer space.

"What did you do all day whilst I was gone?" Andrew asked as he swiftly changed the subject whilst Garrett fiddled with the controls on his projector, "Did you find that editing clip you were looking for?"

"Yeah but the colouring was all off so I couldn't use it but to answer your question I made that," Garrett said as he pointed over to the corner to an elaborate construction made out of cardboard and papier-mache, "And I finished editing my new video, the one where we stayed in that haunted toy store, I'm gonna put it up on Friday."

"Please tell me you cut out all those clips of me screaming," Andrew sighed as he got up to have a closer look at Garrett's craft project, "That place was even worse than that awful ghost ship."

"You weren't that bad. Well, not until the janitor turned up," Garrett teased as he accidentally knocked over a bunch of DVD'S in his excitement, "I thought your heart was going to beat right out of chest!"

"I wasn't that bad," Andrew muttered, nervous that that remark might remind Garrett of the awful chest-burster scene from alien so he hastily moved onto whatever it was that Garrett had made, "Is that the Harry Potter castle? That's really cool babe."

"Yeah!" Garrett gushed as he proudly looked over his hours of extensive craftsmanship, "I'm going to blow it up for another video!"

"Huh," was all Andrew had to say to that because it seemed like such a Garrett thing to do, "So; what are we watching?"

"I picked Vanishing point," Garrett told him as he made his way over to the couch, "Cus it's got a crazy police chase and an awesome soundtrack. There's also a cute dog in it."

Reaching up Andrew tugged Garrett down onto the couch and smothered him with kisses until Garrett let out a loud peal of laughter. Not wanting to let his boyfriend go anytime soon, Andrew kissed his way all over Garrett's face until Garrett was laughing so hard his glasses almost fell off.

"Andreeew!" he giggled just as Andrew started tickling him relentlessly, "Andrew stop!"

Getting in a few more kisses Andrew eventually let him go so he could start the movie; giving Garrett a firm slap on the butt when he got up to get the remote. Once they were both comfy Garrett dimmed the lights and clambered back onto the couch beside Andrew.

"Ready when you are," Andrew told him as he leaned back against Garrett's chest and stretched his legs out on the couch.