Milk Teeth(inspired by NIKI's Song)

There it is..the morning light joining two bodies entangled in the loveliest of ways with messy sheets along with them in the bed they laid upon.

Lisa took a good look at the beauty that stirred slightly when she brushed off some of the stray hair that dared to hide the beauty of the petite being that she held in her arms.

It has always been this way.Lately, Jennie would come to Lisa's flat after a heavy night of drinking;seeking for solace in her neighbor next door and she knew very well of the fact that Lisa secretly has a crush on her. It was obvious and everyone in their apartment building knows that. The lovely little sweet things she does for Jennie gives it off.

Like,putting fresh haycinths or daisies in a pot as she knocked on Jennie's door and immediately run away before she could open it. Along with it she'd put little,short but sweet notes that never ceased to paint a slight smile on Jennie's face. And that would always made Lisa's day a little bit more brighter.

Or for instance when Lisa was just back from her tiring work when she saw Jennie crying as she opened her door and Jennie just smiled at her sadly. The kind Lisa didn't like. But, Lisa was a shy person and didn't really said anything and Jennie entered her room. That night, it was 12:30 already and Lisa ran to the nearest store that she could find,bought a big bucket of milk ice cream,knocked on Jennie's door. No, she didn't forget to put her usual note too. Other days, she usually writes cringey funny pick up lines,but that night Lisa wrote something that Jennie took a deep liking of.

They grew closer each day, movie nights to dinner dates..walk in the parks to late night rides. Closer each day,but never labelled themselves nothing more than good friends and that was probably the closest they would get. But things took turn, Jennie found yet another boy who was incapable of loving her right. So she drank so hard that the bartender had to call Lisa to pick her up from the club. Why Lisa? The number only available in her contact was only Lisa and no one else mattered to her. Young,naive and partly dumb Jennie wouldn't admit to herself that she has taken a liking to the crackhead goofball next door.

Jennie opened her eyes and just take some more moment to look deeply into the other which was already studying her.

"You snored good time",Lisa teased Jennie which earned her a light punch to her arms."Why am i here?",Jennie asked Lisa who wore her eyes wide with surprise.

"I had to pick you up from the club.. because you were drunk and you kissed me roughly before i opened your door and pushed me into mine. We made love although you probably remembered it, the end",Lisa said dismissively to which Jennie just chuckled.

"I remember every detailed look in your eyes,taste of your lips,words that you said. I still remember it like the letter you wrote for me on my first heart break"Jennie said with a soft smile.

"Remind me again what did i write 2 years ago?",Lisa furrowed her brows in a teasing manner and looked at Jennie who was now laughing.

"Here's my heart incase you broke yours. Eat it all for all i care,but don't break this one- L.M."Jennie said in between her laughs.

"Yet again,here i am holding you in all your saded glory but never to call you mine",Lisa said as she looked at Jennie with a sad smile.

"But you're my Kim Lalisa,and I'm your Jennie Manoban"said Jennie hugging Lisa tighter as she nuzzled her head deeper into Lisa's crooks.

Lisa just hummed,"You know ...now that you're a self-proclaimed Manoban,i was thinking..what if i made you pancakes but you wanna skip breakfast?"

Jennie chuckled to the stupid joke,"Lalisa,i will never say no to pancakes and you. But it's sad you can't make one because you don't know the slightest basics of cooking"

Lisa smiled bitterly as she recalled all these happy and short lived memories  with her Jennie Manoban. Lisa loved her so dearly that she loved Jennie too much and so she had to let her go.

The once Jennie Manoban had to be once again Jennie Kim with the new guy she's found.

Lisa was just a hostel before Jennie found another house that she liked.

"It hasn't been long since the first kiss goodnight.You said i stole your heart and you called me a thief. The love we had was but a newborn,but why did it bite? It hasn't even lost all it's milk teeth. So why were you so anxious to leave?"

Lisa finished writing another note.A little longer this time because she'll soon be busy pursuing further in her job as a photographer and her flight to Australia was soon that day.

Lisa found herself infront of the familiar door. She knocked again and kept the little note she wrote with Jennie's favorite things.

A red rose to tell Jennie that she still love her.

A daisy and Haycinth to remind her of good old days.

A little bucket of milk ice cream with a little side note that says 'in case you get your heart broken again,i can no longer be there for you, but take this ice cream as me- Love L.K.'

Lisa with a heavy heart had to go now.

And..

Jennie with a heavy heart had to let her... because she truly loved Lisa. Wished the best for Lisa. Which is why she can't be a distraction for Lisa to dispose her prevailing dream.

And both wished each knew..

All that they did was done for the sake of love.

Who knows maybe someday they will...

Get to

Tell each other that in person.

Le_Fin~