Jeongin's letter to Hyunjin

Hyunjinie

There's probably no use for this letter, you probably wouldn't even care about what happened to me. I sincerely hope you never learn of my demise. But if ever this letter reaches you that means you still cared enough to seek the truth. First, thank you for letting me love you, I appreciated the way you didn't push me away after I confessed to you, for letting me call you baby even though we don't have a relationship. Thank you for being my person, for being my best friend.

I'm sorry for leaving that day without properly saying goodbye. I was afraid that I would change my mind if I stayed with you any longer. I would admit that I almost changed my mind when we were having our 1st and last date, I almost didn't want to let you go. But I know that I'm not the person who can make you happy, even though you were my happiness. I was supposed to ask for one last kiss back in the hotel room, luckily you already fell asleep, cause I'll be harder to leave if I did and you agreed.

You have shown me how to live and you have shown me how to be truly happy. I want you to know that every time I smile, you have put it there. You make me smile when others can't, you make me feel warm when I am cold. I want you to know how much you mean to me. You are my whole world and I love you with all my heart. You are my happiness.

Remember my promise? I promised I'll be there to make you happy until you find your real happiness and I know you already did, that's why I don't regret anything. I want you to know that you don't have to feel guilty about my decision it wasn't your fault, I could have told you the truth, but I chose not to, as promised I chose your happiness over mine. Don't grieve over my death, I'd be sad if you do. I want to tell you to erase all memory of me, pretend we never meet, pretend that you don't know me at all, but I know it's impossible, so I'll ask this instead, it's your turn to make a promise. Promise me that you'll live your life happily with her, that way my sacrifice wouldn't go in vain.

You'll always be my person Hyunjin. I love you so much. You're the best thing that happened to my life and I've realized that no matter where you are, or what you're doing, or who you're with...

I will always, honestly, truly, completely, love you.

I'll always stay in guard of your dreams, Hyunjin. Even if I'm not in them.