Wanda chuckles and rests her head on his 'injured' shoulder. "Oh you big baby."

Dean rest his head against hers. "I am offended."

Wanda smirks. "I'll give you something to be offended about."

He chuckles, Sam watches them with sadness, reminding him of Jess and himself. He cuts in before Dean can reply. "What did you find Dean?"

Dean hands Sam the newspaper. "Here, take a look at this, I think I got one. Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water; nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral two days ago."

"A funeral?"

Wanda answers. "Yeah, they had buried an empty coffin for closure."

"Closure? What closure? People don't just disappear, Wanda. Other people just stop looking for them." Wanda raises her eyebrow at his response, Dean raises his hands in surrender.

"Don't take whatever's got your panties in a knot at her. Is there something you want to say to me?"

"The trail for Dad. It's getting colder every day."

Dean shrugs, throwing an arm around Wanda's shoulders. "Exactly. So what are we supposed to do?"

Sam huffs, frustrated. "I don't know. Something. Anything."

Dean narrows his eyes at Sam, taking his arm down from Wanda's shoulder. "You know what? I'm sick of this attitude. You don't think I wanna find Dad as much as you do?"

"Yeah, I know you do, it's just-" Dean cuts him off.

"Wanda and I are the ones that have been with him every single day for the past two years, while you've been off to college going to pep rallies. We will find Dad, but until then, we're gonna kill everything bad between here and there. Okay?"

Wanda rubs his arm. "Calm down Dean, we are all just a little bit upset. Okay?"

He takes a deep breath and nods at her with a warm smile. They both get caught looking into each others eyes. Sam rolls his eyes jokingly before calling them out of 'La la land'.

"All right, Lake Manitoc. Hey!"

They both return their attention to Sam. "Huh?"

"How far?"

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Lake Manitoc

The Impala drives past a sign that reads "Welcome to Lake Manitoc WI."

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

CARLTON HOUSE

The Impala pulls up in front of the Carlton house, engine stops.

Dean knocks on the door and Will Carlton opens it. "Will Carlton?"

Will nods. "Yeah, that's right."

Wanda smiles at him warmly. "I'm Agent Hunter. This is Agent Ford and Agent Hamill."

Dean holds up an ID. "We're with the US Wildlife Service."

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

LAKE

"She was about a hundred yards out." Will points out. "That's where she got dragged down."

Dean furrowed his eyebrows. "And you're sure she didn't just drown?"

He nods. "Yeah. She was a varsity swimmer." Will sighs sadly. "She practically grew up in that lake. She was as safe out there as in her own bathtub."

Wanda spoke cautiously. "Splashing? Signs of distress?"

"No, that's what I'm telling you."

Sam questions next. "Did you see any shadows in the water? Maybe some dark shape breach the surface?"

"No. Again, she was really far out there."

"You ever see any strange tracks by the shoreline?" Dean asks, raising an eyebrow.

"No, never. Why? Why, what do you think's out there?"

Wanda squeezes Dean's hand discreetly. "We'll let you know as soon as we do." Dean and Wanda heads back to the car.

"What about your father?" The couple stop and turn back at Sam's question. "Can we talk to him?"

Will turns to look at Bill who is at the docks, then turns back. "Look, if you don't mind, I mean...he didn't see anything and he's kind of been through a lot."

"We understand." Sam, Wanda and Dean go to the car.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been updating, but don't worry, I have made a couple of chapters to last me a while just in a case I don't write any for ages and you guys suffer from it. Good news everyone, I'll be making a sequel for The Crazy Life, but it won't be out for a while so don't expect anything yet. Well I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to read my other books.