The Story Of Monody.

You're in the forest. Your destination is up ahead, the tower. But you decide to make a quick stop and look around. Everything around you is so beautiful and magical; it's almost unbelievable, you pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming. You spot something in the distance; a small creature, glowing in a mystical blue hue, it's looking at you. After a moment, it runs the other way but stops and looks back at you, it wants you to follow it. You do. It takes you on a journey through the magical forest. The coloured brambles snag on you, but you barely pay them any mind as you're determinedly following the creature. Bright hues of blue, yellow, purple and pink surround you in their majesty. The blue creature looks back multiple times to make sure that you're still following, and you are. Your quest for the tower forgotten as you chase after the creature, a sense of familiarity tingling at you. The yellows glow around you, the yellows and oranges surround you in brilliance, the purples bring everything into focus as you lose yourself in rhythm of the forest. The blue creature starts going faster and faster, and you hasten to meet its pace. Other winged creatures flit past your sight, but you only have eyes for the blue creature, the familiarity in its eyes invading your mind by the second. Sprinting now, you make your way through the forest, the tower a distant memory as you leave your sword and shield behind, moving quicker and quicker trying to keep pace with the blue creature, paying no mind to the whispers urging you to stop. Finally, the creature leads you to a clearing where a hidden pond that sparkles in the moonlight awaits you. Thirsty from your travels, you bend down to take a drink. You notice a boat that the blue rat is on that he wants you to join with as you get on and take a ride down the river seeing different coloured deer following you both as you take off further on your wild venture. The boat was made from the surrounding trees, given that it had the colour of golden bark. It started to follow the current at a slow pace, creating ripples in the crystal clear water. Glistening fish could be seen below the crimson fallen leaves, but you couldn't divert your attention from the blue creature snuggling in your tempered arms and the appeasing gusts of wind. Soon, a clearing appeared in your sight, the moist soil hidden under lush grass. Crimson, golden tinted trees spiral into the endless firmament above, as its branches intertwined with vines and creatures of the shy forest. An ice blue waterfall cascades into a large lake not far from where you stand, thriving with both land and aquatic wonders alike. Your lips part into a gentle smile as the scent of the verdant earth enthralls you, like you were dancing on the tips of nature's gentle fingers.

But the rat tugs at you, eager to show you, somehow, more of this wondrous, mysterious world. Together with the blue creature, you venture further along into the forest, guided by the stream as you sit in the boat. Aquatic plants in and around the stream light up the way for you and you are hidden by the forest, protected by the guarding trees. This place, this forest, why does it seem so familiar? Could it be, that you have been here before? In a dream? Or were you always supposed to be here? It matters not, for the great forest of light and magick embrace you and your small guide as the stream flows further on. You feel as if you were here before... it feels so familiar... The blue creature lights up in glee, as it seems to have found something. It bounds around surface of the water, waiting for you to look through it... You see.. You. Your own beautiful self, gleaming back at you. This is what you have been lead to. You are brilliant, and although you may think it's not worth it, it's really worth following friends, family and maybe other kindly people to help you see who you truly are. But the whispers return. They no longer urge you to stop. They are pleading. But you pay little mind to them as you and your reflection reach out towards each other. You are unsure which of you is mimicking the other. You are unsure if it matters. You make contact, and the whispers cease to make a sound. You are surrounded by a sort of blinding light. You open your eyes, and there you are, at the foot of the tower. You look around, waiting to catch a glimpse of that majestic blue creature. Suddenly, you hear a neigh from inside the tower. With your sword in one hand and shield in the other, you walk into the tower. There you swear you see a blue glow from the corner of your eye. You look around but it's gone. Taking a deep sigh you prepare to find the source of the noise. As you walk you realise how much the tower has grown with the forest. With the tower standing in front of you, feelings of anxiety, anticipation and curiosity rose from your feet up. You're exited but afraid. You shrug it off, you smile and you bravely enter, and you see more wonder than you expected you'd see. A big room. Filled with darkness with small lights everywhere. Shining yellow,blue and orange lights here and there. Bright but not as much as you can't look. Suddenly, it goes dark and you start to feel weak. You feel a tingle in your throat and cough, there is blood. Poison, you feel weak. Your hands and legs fall to the ground. You concentrate on the source of the wound, your arm. You can't stop coughing blood. You feel like this is the end. Suddenly, the whispers appear, encouraging you. Your journey is not quite over yet. You need to reach the top. Determined now, you get up with all your strength, sword and shield in hand. You close your eyes and concentrate on the sound of your enemy. You find them. You head towards them at full speed, landing a blow on the enemy. A door opens to many stairs that lead up. You mend your arm the best way you can. You prepare for what's in store. You fought many trials, faced many strong foes, and survived through it all. Now, your journey is at its end. You made it to the top. Maybe when this is all over, you could explore the magickal forest and find your blue friend. You start to think it was a dream. Nonsense. You pinched yourself beforehand to make sure. You laugh a little then sigh. You walk up it to see the twilight sky and see a dark silhouette. There, standing before you was your greatest fear. An enormous dragon as dark as nigh with eyes of fire was staring you down. His razor teeth dripping with poison hiss at your arrival. Thousands of skeletons of fallen warriors failing to stop the monster from its nest. You unsheath  your sword before your foe but fear overcomes you. Unable to look away from its spellbinding eyes, your weapon drops to the floor. Then the beast strikes...

You were able to jump out of harms way, just barely due to the poison, you trip over one of the skeletons and fall to the ground. You look up at the towering dragon, fear overwhelms you once again. You attempt to grab the dropped sword only to be blocked by this godlike being. The beast strikes you and sends you to the edge of the tower, cracking whats left of your armor. You drop to your knees, your poisoned body weakens even more now. The courage you attained on your journey slowly fades along with your vision, the hopes you dreamed of slowly being drained away as well as your strength, your determination being consumed by fear, fear that this is the end. You start to think that your journey is over, just then a glint of light hit your eyes. Your vision clears just long of enough to see the source of the light:The Sunset.The twilight sky reflects off the forest you just traversed, its beauty has been amplified with the setting sun, you are overwhelmed, not by fear, but the familiar feeling from earlier, an unknown sense of nostalgia. Suddenly, although faint, you can hear voices echo in the distance again... Although faint, you hear the whispers. You can't tell if they're telling you to stop or keep going. It doesn't matter. You close your eyes and focus on your heart beat, blocking out all noise. Your heart beat slowly fading. "Wake up. This isn't your ending" a voice said. You wake up only to see that mystical blue creature surrounding you with its blue aura. The aura lifted you up the ground. All your wounds have vanished. The pain is no longer there. You feel your strength coming back. The aura begins to fade, as well as the creature. Your feet touches the ground. Feeling lightheaded, you sit down. Thank You. You got up and spot your items. The dragon spots you, hurling it's fire at you. You dodge towards your shield and run for it. The dragon hurls more fire at you but you blocked it. There's not much of your shield left, one more hit and it'll fall apart. Your sword is next. The dragon has been keeping it. You pick up the bones of fallen soldiers and throw it at it, trying to aggravate it. It does and charges towards you. You dodge it and run towards your sword, grabbing it, facing your foe. It hurls more fire, blocking with your shield again, it breaks. Using its claws, it swoops in for a kill but you dodge it and grab it. You climb up to its neck. It's trying to shake you off but you hang tight. Now at its neck, you strike. It falls away from the tower. That's when you jump, rolling on the top. You lie their, hearing a loud crash from the dragon. You smile and put your hand to the now dark blue sky and bright moon. Light surrounds you and the tower.

A bright white light. Exhausted, you close your eyes, falling asleep. You awake in the morning light. Your vision is blurred. All you can see is colors of yellow, blue, purple, and pink. You rub your eyes, seeing clearly now. You are back in the Magical Forest. You see the tower in the distance. Was it all a dream? You check yourself. Your shield is gone, your hands are covered in ash, and you sort of ache. You did it. A sense of pride and accomplishment runs trough you. You get up looking around for your blue friend. But you don't spot him. You feel sad. Suddenly you see some blue light. You go towards it with a sense of hope. It leaves a trail. You pass through places you've been before but you just now notice them. You find the river and the boat. You sail to the lake with the waterfall. Still following the trail, you get off and head towards the waterfall. The blue trail goes right through the waterfall. You go around to find another way. You do. Behind the waterfall is a cave. The deeper you go, the more dark it gets. But you see a faint blue light. You run towards it. You see it, the blue creature. It jumps into your arms for an embrace. You walk out with your new friend in your arms. You sit beside the lake, watching it turn into the twilight sky. With the tower still in view you begin to move away.

As you enter the lushful forest, you see mysterious colours of different trees and animals, but you keep your focus on the blue creature as it fastens it's pace, then it guides you to a crystalline river, you stop for a moment appreciating the crystal clear river and somehow you have a familiar feeling that you have been here, and the blue creature makes a sound calling you to a raft that is made of vines and barks of the tree but it's somehow glittering, you get on the raft and it takes you down and you see more plants and trees glittering with colors of all kind, winged animals and strange animals too, then suddenly the raft stops and you look around and you see the tower, still far away, the blue creature hops out of the raft and walks on another trail, curious, you follow the blue creature once again, your mind completely off the tower but wondering where the blue creature will take you.

FIN ~

"It isn't the destination that matters it's the journey that makes it worthwhile"