The Quell

Peeta's POV

     "On the 75 anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of the capitol, the male and female tributes will be reaped from their existing pool of victors."
     I'm shocked. I need to get to Haymitch to have him promise he gets Katniss out alive.
     Once I walk into Haymitch's house without knocking. I doubt he would answer anyway.
     "What the hell are you doing here boy?" He says.
     "Knock it off Haymitch, this is serious. Did you see what was on the television?" I ask.
     "No I did not. Why?"
     "Because snow decided that tonight would be a decent night to have the quell's twist! One of us is going back into the arena with katniss. It has to be me..." I stuttered at the end. Am I really willing to go into the arena to save katniss? Of course I would. She's the one I love.
     "Would I be able to drink?" Haymitch ask.
     "I don't know, if not, you'll lose it. If so, we won't see you for a couple of weeks. I don't know, I'll figure out a compromise." I tell him, "just help me get katniss out alive." 
     When I leave I decide to go to katniss's house to see how she's handling this. "Katniss here?" I ask
     "No. I don't know where she is, she ran out right after the announcement," Mrs Everdeen says. Every thing seems to go wrong tonight.