☾5

the sun was in your eyes.

- - -

   The door swung open and Awsten lifted his head towards the doorway, where she walked in. With a faint smile on his lips, he waved at her. She waved back, "Good morning, Aws. How are you?" She asked as she sat on the couch next to where he was sitting.

"I'm- I'm great," He chuckled, his voice was raspy and incredibly low. He mentally scolded himself for damaging his vocal cords yesterday. She smiled, "That's nice to hear. Don't push yourself today, okay?"

He nodded and the door opened, revealing Geoff. "Hey, Geoff!" She bubbly greeted the older male, waving her hand at him. He smiled warmly and looked at Awsten, "Hey, guys. How are your vocal cords, Aws?" He asked as he sat besides the blue-haired boy.

Awsten frowned and rubbed his throat, indicating that it wasn't very well. "It's okay. We can try singing the new song with Y/n," "I-i guess. Are you okay with that?" She asked, a soft tint of pink sprinkled upon her cheeks. Awsten smiled, nodding vigorously– wincing as he did so.

"Okay, we'll wait for Otto and we'll try. Can you grab the notebook from the desk?" Geoff asked her politely, which she obliged. Awsten coughed and Geoff raised an eyebrow as the blue-haired boy handed him a piece of paper. He opened it and he saw the word "rare" written on it.

"Hey, Y/n. How about we try this song?"

- - -

"Ready?" Geoff asked her, adjusting the strap to his guitar. She nodded and looked at Awsten, who was sitting in a stool besides Jawn. Otto tapped his drumsticks together and Geoff started the beat, followed by Otto's drumming.

"I save my metaphors for rainy days," Her voice was as smooth as silk. It sent goosebumps throughout Awsten's body and caused his heartbeat to quicken. Jawn smiled widely as she closed her eyes, tapping her foot as she continued to sing. Awsten blinked a couple of times, placing a hand over his heart as he did.

"Just know I think you're rare." And she was.