"Hey, Rose," he greeted. "Are you ready?"

"Yup. Let's go," I said, pulling him to the door. 

"Wait!" my mom said, hurrying after us.

 I turned around. "What?" 

"You got a key?" she asked. 

"Yes," I said. 

"And your cell?" she questioned. 

"Yes," I repeated. 

"If something's wrong, call me," mom said. 

"I will," I promised, trying not to roll my eyes at her concern.

 "See you tomorrow."Eddie and I left my house and walked to the car that was parked in front of my house. Eddie's mom would drive usto town where we would meet the rest of our friends. She dropped us off and we walked the last bit to the caféwhere the gang would be. 

"There you are!" Lissa, my best friend since kindergarten, said. Smiling, she got up from her chair to hug Eddieand me. 

"You are late." 

"Sorry," I apologized and added with a grin, "Couldn't decide which shoes to wear."I turned to my friends to greet them, but Mason and Mia were too busy with each other to notice me, so I clearedmy throat.

 "Hey, guys, can you please stop doing that? There are people here."Mason reluctantly tore himself away from Mia to look at me. He grinned. 

"Well, hello there, Rose. Nice to see you,too." 

"Hey Rose," Mia said smiling. 

She patted the spot next to her and I sat down beside her. 

"What, I don't get a hello?"I turned to my left, where Christian sat. 

"Oh, I didn't see you," I said grinning. 

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure."

"Aww, did I hurt your feelings?"He scoffed. 

"No way."Christian and I were always bickering. 

We had never really liked each other, but then he became Lissa's boyfriendso I had no other choice than to accept him. 

But that didn't mean I couldn't tease him. 

We did it all the time and Ihave to say, he's not as bad as I thought. 

Though I would never admit that to him. I knew he was thinking thesame about me.

 Just like me, he would never admit that he thought of me as a friend.

"Where's Jill?" Eddie asked as he sat down on the other side of me.

"Her parents didn't want her to come because it's school tomorrow," Mia said.

"Oh," was Eddie's only response.I could see that he was disappointed. 

I wondered why.

 Was there something going on between him and Jill that I didn't know of? I would have to ask him later.

 I knew that if he wanted to talk about personal matters, he wouldnot want to do it with all of our friends as witnesses.

Mason and Eddie went to get us some drinks and while we waited, I chatted with Lissa and Mia. When the door opened again, I looked up and cursed.

"What?" Lissa followed my gaze and then bit her lip.

 "Oh no." 

"What is he doing here?" I grumbled.