A queen's judgement (Teen Wolf FanFiction)

Start from the beginning

"I have no idea but he is scared of here, but it's more than that he's like scared of what she can do. I don't understand."

"Well let's see how this tunes out." Stiles said as they waited in the car out of hearing distance.

Derek's POV

Aconitum sat down on one of the not broken stairs and smiled at Derek.

Derek got up and said: "It is really good to see you again, Aconitum. And I am sorry for your loss. I would have come, but ..."

"I understand, I am sorry for your loss as well. She didn't deserve it none of them did. The Argents are losing their mind and the only man who sees it is powerless against them. His mind is too clouded with grief and love to see their true faces. Soon I'll have no choice but to make a stand. Some of the more conservative packs are already questioning my authority." She said with a bitter laugh.

"They want you to lift the rule? To answer the war declaration the hunters have been sending us." Derek asked confused.

"They want revenge! The death Argent girl, Kate, she slaughtered a couple packs farther up north and one in Europe, a very old one. They were seen as nobles among our kind, had been around for centuries. She had some help from the older one of course, Gerard. I don't know what they think that killing him will do. Will they really feel so mush better afterwards? We wouldn't be any better than the animals they expect us to be. I know that my reign won't last long, but if I must die so young than I want to do it with a clear conscience. I won't turn my back on the rules my family stood for."

"You sound like you're already death." Derek said.

"Face it Derek. I don't have long. I'm barely twenty-two, I have no mate so no heirs and my mother was brutally slaughtered by a hunter. I won't fool myself we are on the eve of war. And I still stand by the laws. Our enemy has violated our laws. They won't wait long before they try to overrule me."

"They would be fools." Derek said.

Aconitum smiled up at him and said: "So that new Omega betrayed you? Why?"

"Back to business?" Derek asked. "My best guess is that Gerard was threatening someone he cares for; Alison, his mom, Stiles ... Who knows, he seems to think he's responsible for everyone who lives in this stupid town." Derek said frustrated.

"So he betrayed you and the pack, because someone outside of the pack was threatened?" Aconitum asked not understanding.

"Yes." Derek responded reluctantly.

"Derek the pack comes first, always!"

"I know that, but Scott hasn't been a werewolf for as long as I have. He's very new at this. He doesn't know all the rules. And I know that he betrayed me, but he did what he thought was right. I should not have believed that he wanted to be part of my pack all of a sudden." Derek said.

"You're defending him. I don't understand it, but I see that it is important to you that I do not kill him. I will place him under your care. You will educate him in the rules and ways of our kind. But I have to punish him in some way. The rules are the rules."

"I understand, but please take into account that he was tricked into betraying me by Gerard Argent. He's only 16. Gerard has had decades of experience in the field. He knows our weaknesses." Derek pleaded, without having any idea why. Scott had betrayed him, but he still needed him. He still felt responsible for him. 'Dam you Scot McCall.'

"The fact that you still fight for the boy makes me see that you are a great Alpha. Now call the boy."

Derek took out his phone and called Scott. "Hey, can you come back? Do it quickly!" Derek said and ended the conversation. "He's on his way." He said to Aconitum